harpcolumn

Sievert Simaril versus Triplett Signature or Eclipse even Celtic II why not?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Sievert Simaril versus Triplett Signature or Eclipse even Celtic II why not?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Camac Stivell at the moment and want something different. I was considering a Triplett Signature, Eclipse or Celtic II till I heard a Sievert Simaril on the internet, which I liked a lot. I contacted “a” Triplett dealer and they said …”oh those Sievert harps are much too heavy….”I looked it up, and a Sievert Simaril weighs 10-12kg, while an Eclipse and a Signature are heavier! Than I asked Sievert’s opinion about Triplett harps, and he said …”they or so heavy….”, and sound so loud, because they have such a huge soundbox, mine are much more liquid in tone….and have much miore dynamic range…

Both said my Camac Stivell is worth shit…The Triplett dealer has no Camacs off course…..:) I like it though! Cannot understand this? When I bought my Stivell the Camac dealers couldn’t say enough good things about it!

Good, anyone heard these two harps? Any opinion is welcome! Would a Triplett be good to have with my Camac or would my Camac have to go? If I believe the TRiplett dealer, camac Stivell is cheap plywood harp????

Thanks!

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, they didn’t exactly “say” it was worth shit exactly, but it came down to this…

I must say that everything Franck Sievert said is the truth! Those Tripletts are indeed heavier than his beautifull Simaril, I chequed it. And the Simarils I have heard on the internet all had indeed a more liquid tone than any Triplett I have heard. And they (Triplets)seem to have a lot of volume so I have heard.

From what I can hear on the internet, I prefer the Simaril from Franck Sievert over the Triplett sound.

Oh yes, and he is so great to talk to. He even proposed to send me a small sample of the woods he uses in the Simaril, so I can see for myself how it will look on the harp. Incredible! This alone tells me he cares for his customers.

If anyone played his harps, please let me know your opinion about them. The problem is they are made on comission, so it is difficult to actually hear or play one like you could do with a Camac, Triplett etc…..

richard-hanna
    Participant

Yes I agree The Frank Sievert Simaril is a fine harp both on stage and particularly in the studio!!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

My experience with Tripletts in general is that they lack brightness.

Barbara Evenson
    Participant

As long as they are all reputable makers, it comes down to personal preference.

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

Hallo Odette,

hi from an other harpmaker from Germany and some thoughts about your question.
    Of course the Silmaril from Frank is more lightweight than the Triplett.
    Allmost all of the harpmakers

katerina
    Participant

Yes, Camac does the instrument on very cheap technology – customers have to pay not only workers, material, taxes and 100% company profit, but all that shops, exhibitions, advertisement, endorsement instruments for stars, etc. What really perfect thing Camac has is levers. They are super. So, I count Camac a great levers-making company, but not a harp factory. But many good individual makers now put Camac levers, so, why still buy Camac?

Anyway. Sievert harps are good, at least those I saw.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.