harpcolumn

Harp and harmonica played by same person

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp and harmonica played by same person

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi all,

Here’s a video of someone playing harp and harmonica simultaneously (well into the video).

jessica-wolff
    Participant

That’s the position my then 3-year-old daughter chose to assume when we first brought a harp into the house!

kay-lister

I have a friend that plays the guitar and when he first laid hands on my harp, he said that for him, it made more sence to play it that way . . . hmmmmm??

Kay

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Kay,

I think that for a guitarist (or many other strings instrument players), it makes sense that what looks like soundholes on the harp (harpists’ string access ports) should face the audience, not the player, as would be the case for the guitar, mandolin, oud, etc.

The other thing I’ve observed, playing both the harmonica and the harp together (I’ve been doing this more the last few days) is that the metal harmonica holder leads you to hold the harp in a somewhat more awkward position-now you’ve got to shift the harp over a little, to a slightly different spot on your shoulder.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

A guitarist is used to having the bass strings closer to him/her.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies