Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jessica-wolff
ParticipantSounds like a great way of celebrating.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWhat about Andres Izmaylov?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThe most intriguing: #s 1 & 7.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWell, generally, denser woods have a brighter tone, other things being equal. I think the color of purpleheart tends to fade to a muddy purple in time, but I wouldn’t swear to it.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantHey, I remember that.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThank you! Another antique harp?
February 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm in reply to: A rather off beat advert for crisps (chips) by Stephen Fry Up #106611jessica-wolff
ParticipantNo, but how classy of Stephen Fry (already a favorite of mine).
jessica-wolff
ParticipantMe too!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantCassie, I have an old Troubadour I, and it has a pretty good sound. It also has the original soundboard and the original levers, which I hate. But it was completely restrung and regulated a few months ago. What I’m saying is that the levers may no longer give you an accurate semitone. You should check that with an electronic tuner or have a buddy with perfect pitch check it out.
In addition to 33 strings and full levers, it is nice to have a genuine floor harp that doesn’t require some sort of gimmick or stand or special chair for you to play it.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThat really is a lovely harp, and I am very interested to hear that you like it particularly for the guitar and lute repertoire. I play guitar and lute repertoire on guitar, or at least I did back when, and it is nice to hear these familiar pieces on the harp.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantFranco, do you also rent any of the antique pedal harps?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWhat a gorgeous harp! The pinky note would probably be played by thumb on guitar. On the harp you don’t have that option.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWe are all assuming it’s in good condition, which I hope it is. But yeah, accept.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI’ve developed my muscles by cooking with heavy cast-iron and copper pots and pans.
-
AuthorPosts