Home › Forums › Coffee Break › What’s on your music stand? Spring 2011
- This topic has 60 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 15 years, 3 months ago by
Misty Harrison.
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 13, 2011 at 6:48 am #105850
kailee-price
ParticipantHi Jerusha!
Well on the RCM syllabus it claims Minstrel’s Adieu can be done on the lever harp with some minor changes if you look under the Grade 9 List B section http://www.rcmexaminations.org/acadinfo/online_syllabi/Harp_Syllabus_2009.pdf
I haven’t tried this myself but I guess it is possible!
May 13, 2011 at 8:29 am #105851cc-chiu
MemberI’m currently working on:
– Nataliana
– Dances d’ Automne (B. Andres) #1May 13, 2011 at 12:13 pm #105852barbara-brundage
ParticipantHi, Kailee. There are actually about four published versions for lever harp now. I have one, Adlais has one, and there’s at least one other, maybe two. I don’t care for some of the suggestions in the RCM syllabus–with a little effort you can play the whole piece, although the levers are challenging at the end of the last variation. For the ABRSM they require the Adlais lever harp version, which I haven’t seen, since I’d already figured it out, so I don’t know how that compares to the RCM suggestions.
May 13, 2011 at 2:22 pm #105853jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks, Jerusha. Unfortunately, it’s rather more serious stuff.
May 13, 2011 at 2:43 pm #105854Jerusha Amado
ParticipantGreat songs!
May 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm #105855deb-l
ParticipantJessica, sorry to hear of your illness, feel better soon ((((hugs))))
May 14, 2011 at 3:52 am #105856kailee-price
ParticipantOh wow, thanks Barbara!
May 14, 2011 at 3:56 am #105857barbara-brundage
ParticipantYou’re welcome, Kailee. I forgot to mention that if you feel brave enough to try to figure out your own version, there are also a couple of people who’ve recorded their own lever harp editions (not published, as far as I know). Carol Thompson and Susan Scott both have lever recordings in itunes, and there may be others.
May 14, 2011 at 4:50 am #105858Jerusha Amado
ParticipantHi Kailee,
Your link to RCM examinations is really interesting!
May 14, 2011 at 11:37 am #105859deb-l
Participantcongratulations on your pedal harp Kalyee!
May 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm #105860jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks, Deb! I hope to be in shape for WHC in Vancouver!
May 16, 2011 at 8:27 am #105861kailee-price
Participantthanks Deb! The pedal harp is amazing, although I still like learning some of the hectic-lever-flipping-songs on the lever harp because I can fit it in my car and take it places…whereas with the pedal harp it basically sits in the living room because I would need to borrow a larger vehicle to move it…
May 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm #105862joan-steinberg
ParticipantOn my music stand are orchestra parts for an Irish concert this week.
May 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm #105863Jerusha Amado
ParticipantJoan,
Hang in there!
May 16, 2011 at 11:36 pm #105864Fearghal McCartan
ParticipantHi,
Which Irish Rhapsody & Irish Suite is it? With the Wild Geese is
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.



