Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jennifer-buehler
MemberI majored in clarinet and still play in the community band. I played violin in high school but sold my instrument a few years ago. My major was in music therapy so I’ve also dabbled in piano, guitar, and percussion.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI sincerely hope this is a joke…
jennifer-buehler
MemberWe’re a little low budget so I was just hoping for a gift certificate to Sylvia Woods but a couple of weeks ago all the music I wanted was on sale! So I know exactly what I’m getting but it should be fun. I’m getting “Summertime”, “Stairway to Heaven”, “Fireflies” and the music from “Brave”.
jennifer-buehler
MemberSunita Staneslaw and Thom Dutton’s Christmas arrangements for Christmas Eve. Pop n Easy Nutcracker and Mary Jean Zarick’s Popular Christmas album for a nursing home gig. Thom Dutton’s Baroque Duos for New Years.
December 4, 2012 at 11:54 pm in reply to: Snappy, but sweet responses to “how much does that thing cost?” #112056jennifer-buehler
MemberI use the car analogy too. I explain that, just like a car, harps need regular maintenance.
jennifer-buehler
MemberDo you play for 1 1/2 hours all in one shot or do you break it up during the day? That’s what I would try first is taking some breaks while you play.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI am a big fan of the Peak Folding Music stand. It’s very light weight but is very sturdy, even in quite a bit of wind. It has a wide base and the desk locks into place so won’t blow around. It looks like a solid desk, orchestra stand when assembled so looks classier than a wire stand and is sturdier and lighter than even my best wire stand. the desk is fairly deep so you can put a big gig book (or several!) on it. My only complaint is that I would like the desk to be wider. Some of my pieces are three pages long and I don’t like having that extra page hang off the side.
jennifer-buehler
MemberWhat about a Paraguayan harp? It’s not as rich and warm but it does have a fun sound, can be beat around, and is fairly light tension.
jennifer-buehler
MemberThanks Kim and Hugh for answering my questions!
jennifer-buehler
MemberI have to agree with Carl and say that I don’t love it.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI think it’s perfectly OK to say that you’ve had some bad experiences in past and can no longer rent out.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI think the broken string dream is pretty common!
jennifer-buehler
MemberWill you set this sight up to outoredirect or will we need to put the new url in our browser?
September 22, 2012 at 12:15 pm in reply to: How would you go about playing piano music on a lever harp? #102943jennifer-buehler
MemberYou’ll learn pretty fast if you need to change the key of a piece.
jennifer-buehler
MemberThat’s sad.
-
AuthorPosts