harpcolumn

What’s on your Music Stand?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire What’s on your Music Stand?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kimberly-rowe
    Keymaster

So, I thought I’d start another one of these threads. What’s everyone working on these days? I’m working on @[[a-ceremony-of-carols:Piece:A Ceremony of Carols (Britten, Benjamin)]] along with @[[carols-and-lullabies-christmas-in-the-southwest:Piece:Carols and Lullabies; Christmas in the Southwest (Susa, Conrad)]] and @[[serenade-for-a-christmas-night:Piece:Serenade for a Christmas Night (Susa, Conrad)]] for some upcoming holiday church concerts. For solos I’ve been trying to memorize @[[etude-de-concert:Piece:Etude de Concert (Godefroid, Felix)]]. My trio is threatening to play the @[[elegiac-trio:Piece:Elegiac Trio (Bax, Arnold)]], so that’s always lurking. There are also a bunch of @[[images-3:Piece:Images 3 (Tournier, Marcel)]] I want to learn.

So, what’s on your stand? We’d love it if you’d tag pieces. (Still working out some display glitches on tags….bear with us!).

Sunita Staneslaw and Thom Dutton’s Christmas arrangements for Christmas Eve. Pop n Easy Nutcracker and Mary Jean Zarick’s Popular Christmas album for a nursing home gig. Thom Dutton’s Baroque Duos for New Years.

Madeline Blood
    Participant

@[[a-ceremony-of-carols:Piece:A Ceremony of Carols (Britten, Benjamin)]], @[[saint-saens-christmas-oratorio:Performance:Saint-Saens: Christmas Oratorio]] and the Brock Christmas Music for Flute and Harp. Looking forward to putting those away so I can give @[[sonata-for-harp–2:Piece: Sonata for harp (Flagello, Nicolas)]] a little more attention.

jordan-thomas
    Participant

Ceremony of Carols, Carols and Lullabies by Susa, Rapsodie Espangole, and Ginastera Harp Concerto trying to memorize the cadenza.

kreig-kitts

Monday I’ll get the part for Michael Daugherty’s Niagara Falls for a performance at the Maryland Music Educators Association annual conference in February.

Christmas-wise, I’m tag-teaming with the organist for a few carols for a Christmas Eve service, including “Whence That Goodly Fragrance”.

Longer term, I’ve started some work on Clare Grundman’s Nocturne for an informal competition in the spring, the winner of which plays a short piece in a concert in the band’s next season.

william-nichols
    Participant

Hey, Im working on: Dussek: Sonata in C minor, Bach/Grandjany Etude No.3, The Interlude from a Ceremony of Carols, Wagner: Isoldes Liebstod, Adams Harmonielehre Harp 1, Tounier 2 Romantic Preludes, Schoenberg Arrangements of Bach’s Choral Preludes and Scheherazade.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are a few songs I want to work on, but one of them is Bonny Swans by Loreena McKennitt. I had to check with my teacher,to see if I could learn it. Because as I’m at the beginner level, it could be a little too challenging for me to handle. So I needed to check with her to see if it would be too much. But she said I could work on it. Its a song that introduced me to Loreena McKennitt. I have attached a video clip. I love this song so much. Course we will see how crazy I get when learning it. But the best usually causes a challenge, right?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.