harpcolumn

expres bach

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire expres bach

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bethany-billingsly
    Participant

i have an audition tape due in a day and i need a piece composed by this guy named bach…. are there any pieces that are easy to learn in like a day or something? maybe even an hour. i’m a little hung over so whatever is easy would be great! hopefing to get into rice and curtis on this beauty.

katie-buckley
    Participant

Can’t think of anything by Bach that is easy on the harp, sorry :-/

I sincerely hope this is a joke…

Abigail Kent
    Participant

I’m sorry to tell you this, but I don’t believe there is an opening in harp this year at Curtis… unless you’re talking about a different one than the one in Philadelphia. Bach, as you most likely know, is one of the hardest composers to play well. Maybe try a slow Alamande from the Bach-Grandjany etudes…but those aren’t very easy, either. Also, I don’t know why you have to record these pieces so soon…harp usually does not require pre-screens for music schools.

Tacye
    Participant

Did PDQ Bach write anything for harp?

carl-swanson
    Participant

This can’t possibly be serious.

hester-musicologist
    Participant

Hmmm……thinking about deleting this one, but let’s see if anyone has any good answers first! It could be a good conversation starter…

Donna O
    Participant

Could it be that Saul is bach?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.