harpcolumn

If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant
    If you happen to be in Ireland tomorrow evening (29/12) or in the same time zone with access to WebTV, check out “Féilte” on TG4 at 8:30 p.m. It was filmed at the Plough and Stars in San Francisco and, unless they decided to cut it, I’ll be playing harp (accompanying Mary McLaughlin singing “Oíche Chiúin”/Silent Night) at the very end of the program (with my luck, most likely with credits scrolling over our faces and a voiceover for “Ros na Rún” in the background!). Even if we end up getting cut, there’s going to be plenty of good music from “An Ghaeltacht Naomh Proinsias,” including The Black Brothers and Nikki Ragsdale. Unfortunately, “Féilte” isn’t subtitled, and any commentary and interviews will be in Irish, but you can still enjoy the music (and music makes up about 90% of the program, so you won’t miss much).

They did a lot of shots around the pub, so you might see me in some of those as well. I’m wearing a black velvet dress and have shoulder-length hair that’s currently two-toned (auburn/silver).

Sadly, it’s a bad time for me to be able to watch it live, but I’ll be hoping to catch it in the archives.

If you want to see it on WebTV, go to http://www.tg4.ie, click on “tg4 Beo” at the top of the page, then click on “tg4 Beo” again to launch WebTV. You can go to full screen by right clicking on the picture and choosing “zoom.”

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Actually, I just realized that I’d gotten my time zones backward again.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I’ll definitely try my best to watch it! I’m 1 hour after Ireland, but that’s only good, because that means I’ll be home from work by then.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

For people who need to calculate time in different places, I find this Web site useful. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/) It is a lot easier for me to look up a city near the desired location than to try to subtract or add hours to GMT.

Simona Millham
    Participant

saw you saw you saw you saw you saw you……….!!!

Karen Johns
    Participant

I saw it!!!! Great job Audrey! What brand harp are you playing? I didn’t get a real good look at it, so I couldn’t be sure if it was a lap or full-size. Sounded beautiful…

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I saw it! I had almost given up all hope when there you were, at the very end. You did great!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I thought for a second they weren’t going to get us in there!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

If anyone wants to see this show and missed it, it’s now available in the archives.

Go to http://www.tg4.tv

Choose “Cláir Eile — Carlann” from among the buttons at left (whatever program is currently on may load while you’re doing this, but it will stop when you enter the archives)

Choose “Féilte i San Francisco” from the program menu (currently it’s the very first one)

After a brief buffering period, the program will load and start playing.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Very nice harp playing! (I wanted to hear more!!) and the tone on Ravenna sounded really good! I have one too, and sometimes forget how nice the tone is for a small harp….That was an interesting show, and the musical sessions were wonderful!…sure wish I knew more Irish to understand what they were saying though…

Gloria

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Dusty Strings definitely got a lot of things right on the Ravenna.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.