Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
don-hilsberg
ParticipantIf you looked very closely (again, the wonders of HD!) you could see the string tension had been lowered considerably so Renee could place her fingers on the strings and “pluck” them; however, the secret was that a mute had been woven through the strings at the top, over the sharp discs, and at the center strip.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantThis is an opera that will take you a while to wrap your head around.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantThis is in response to Jerusha’s request for info on the style 100s.
Recently, I had the chance to choose two new 100s for one of the state universities here in Colorado.don-hilsberg
ParticipantThis is in response to Jerusha’s request for info on the style 100s.
Recently, I had the chance to choose two new 100s for one of the state universities here in Colorado.don-hilsberg
ParticipantThis is in response to Jerusha’s request for info on the style 100s.
Recently, I had the chance to choose two new 100s for one of the state universities here in Colorado.don-hilsberg
ParticipantOnce there was a popular male duo-harp team (they’re both dead now) that left their harps in the van, overnight, while on tour.
January 31, 2010 at 1:28 am in reply to: REQUIEM by Bradley Ellingboe, 2002, Kjos Music Press #150795don-hilsberg
ParticipantHello Susan,
I’ve performed this work twice in recent years, and to be honest, it’s nothing memorable in the company of other requiems by contemporary composers.
The harp part is very playable as written.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantThe arrangements for harp and orchestra that Carl speaks of were done for Catherine by
don-hilsberg
ParticipantThe origins of the pedal order stem from the most commonly used accidentals.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantSid,
I share your experience, however I wasn’t as lucky as you were with a loose screw.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantCatherine,
You’re correct!don-hilsberg
ParticipantCongrats!
don-hilsberg
ParticipantPlaying in the pit orchestras for Broadway touring shows here in Denver, afforded me the opportunity to meet many famous performers over the years.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantThe David H. Williams piece that Patricia speaks of is out of print.
don-hilsberg
ParticipantKeep it simple.
-
AuthorPosts