harpcolumn

How long have you left your harp in the car for?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists How long have you left your harp in the car for?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    janelle-lake
    Participant

O.k. I’m curious.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Nope! Never.

Tacye
    Participant

I leave mine in the car overnight sometimes when I am sure it will not be frosty.

It’s one way to have it stolen. I wonder, if I am traveling, which is safer, the car or the motel room? I guess if you would bring in your baggage, then harps go in too.

don-hilsberg
    Participant

Once there was a popular male duo-harp team (they’re both dead now) that left their harps in the van, overnight, while on tour.

Tacye
    Participant

Inside, outside, or in the car, what is likely to distress any piece of
    fine woodwork is extremes or changes of temperature and humidity.

kay-lister

It depends on the conditions ofcourse.

michael-steadman
    Participant

I would never leave my harp in the car in the hot sun – but if it is shaded and the temperature is normal then I am OK with it for up to an hour or so.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

If the weather is good…not too hot or sunny, not too cold, not too humid, I’ll leave my harps in the car.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Heck, I worry enough about transporting my harp in the car just during short road trips. I’d never dream of leaving it alone-even in the shade. With my luck an errant tree limb would break and crush both my van and harp. LOL

Karen

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I agree with what everybody else says. In principle, I’m mostly worried about theft of the car, and then obviously, temperature, but sometimes one just doesn’t have a choice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics