How long have you left your harp in the car for?

• Participant
    janelle-lake on #149918

O.k. I’m curious.

Participant
    Bonnie Shaljean on #149919

Nope! Never.

Participant
    Tacye on #149920

I leave mine in the car overnight sometimes when I am sure it will not be frosty.

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #149921

It’s one way to have it stolen. I wonder, if I am traveling, which is safer, the car or the motel room? I guess if you would bring in your baggage, then harps go in too.

Participant
    don-hilsberg on #149922

Once there was a popular male duo-harp team (they’re both dead now) that left their harps in the van, overnight, while on tour.

Participant
    Tacye on #149923

Inside, outside, or in the car, what is likely to distress any piece of
    fine woodwork is extremes or changes of temperature and humidity.

kay-lister on #149924

It depends on the conditions ofcourse.

Participant
    michael-steadman on #149925

I would never leave my harp in the car in the hot sun – but if it is shaded and the temperature is normal then I am OK with it for up to an hour or so.

Participant
    Sarah Mullen on #149926

If the weather is good…not too hot or sunny, not too cold, not too humid, I’ll leave my harps in the car.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #149927

Heck, I worry enough about transporting my harp in the car just during short road trips. I’d never dream of leaving it alone-even in the shade. With my luck an errant tree limb would break and crush both my van and harp. LOL

Karen

Participant
    Mel Sandberg on #149928

I agree with what everybody else says. In principle, I’m mostly worried about theft of the car, and then obviously, temperature, but sometimes one just doesn’t have a choice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.