harpcolumn

Who is John Doe, vote now!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Who is John Doe, vote now!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Jane, leave that John alone..he is mine!

unknown-user
    Participant

Mimi? S��, mi chiamano Mim�� You make me sound like something out of La Boheme…well, I certainly live a Bohemian life of poverty…I am selling my violin for food (since I have decided to give up the guitar and violin for harp) though I have yet to be successful….nice to be a soprano and sing the title role for once (in real life I am probably a mezzo)…

I think I will join you guys by telepathic conference using my awesome spiritual skills since that would be even cheaper…

My head is spinning with the abrupt appearance of Jane Doe…I fear we may have frightened our original quarry away…

For the record, I would state that I am neither John nor Jane but I suspect Jane is either Rosemary or some regular poster in disguise having fun. I hope it is not Rosemary because it would be too creepy to see her talking to herself….

unknown-user
    Participant

Hmmm….Jane’s email seems to be American so I assume it’s not Rosemary after all (nor I since I live in Asia). I do not think John and Jane are the same person….Perhaps, John is a smelly ghost wandering in from somewhere?

Mimi

unknown-user
    Participant

John, I think you had better go home or Jane will run off with the nice non-stinky guy from Syria that she mentioned in another post.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Mimi,

I’m afraid that I am responsible for your new nickname, as I was typing Miso late at night and did a typing stutter and typed mi mi…And then decided that that was rather cute and decided to leave it!

No, have not been talking to myself of late…although the stress of current events did drive me somewhat nuts…I have been having long conversations with my dawg on the way to the supermarket…but not to myself incognito..yet!

Posting times seem to put you and I out of the running…yes, the email address is American.

unknown-user
    Participant

Do the little chldrens smel funny, too?

Sorry, I know I shouldn’t have but I couldn’t resist!! 🙂 It’s all in good fun.

P.S. Jane, maybe you should check the refrigerator for the mysterious stink.

unknown-user
    Participant

I think they call the triplets Joe, Moe, and Flo.

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

…and the cat’s name is Play and the dog’s name is Uh oh. (Why not, I have a friend who’s cat is named Oops)!

Leigh

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, unless Basel is playing a trick on us, it looks like he was John Doe and he has now left the community….it is really very upsetting….

I did try and email him and I hope he responds. He was a valued community member as Basel, and it such a shame he did not continue just being a pal to us and talking openly as he always did.

I feel bad we ragged him for his language, I honestly did think it a ruse, as his English is fine as Basel…consistent. And so many of my rellies speak English as a second language.

I thought all this time he did not have a harp, and am therefore surprised that he has a Salvi Minerva and accessories etc. Knows all this stuff about the Salvi wood drying room, and

unknown-user
    Participant

How did you figure out it was Basel? Just curious…

Hmm, an interesting deduction. It would explain somethings. He did mention getting a teaching position in the Damascus Conservatory, on a dirty harp, maybe it was smelly, too. That doesn’t make it him, but I am intrigued by your theory.

unknown-user
    Participant

On the professional harpists thread, Basel’s posts have been changed to the name John Doe and when you click on his name it says that he has left the community.

It was the last two post that Basel put on, about what polish to use, and how you memourise music etc etc. All his posts now say John doe instead of Basel Sara.

I hope that he is just having a joke with us, teasing us, as I must admit it I find it upsetting. Please come back Basel, I like having people from remote parts of the globe to chat to!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Ro,

I must admit that I’m stumped by all of these developments!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Jerusha,

You can change your online details, including your name and email

unknown-user
    Participant

See, I’ve now been Perriwinkled……

You can edit your account and change any details you like at any time – I

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies