harpcolumn

Who is John Doe, vote now!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Who is John Doe, vote now!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • Author

My feeling is that John Doe is an employee of a harp company, or perhaps a relative who hears the gossip, or a technician. Not too many other people hear or care about the details of what is made where and odd harp stories.

Actually, I retract that completely. While

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

Saul,
    it was written somewhere in a post who wrote with the alias John Doe ….and I believe that this was not funny at all.

Regards

Maria Myers
    Participant

Is the identity of the person supposed to be a secret?

Maria

I don’t know Maria, but I teach middle school, and I feel like I’m in the classroom when this stuff starts up.

Briggsie

Maria Myers
    Participant

Sorry!

Maria, I didn’t mean anything against what you said. I am agreeing with you. It seems so “middle-schoolish” to play the “I know who it is, but I’m not saying” games.

Briggs

Especially when they choose to make hurtful comments about other list members

David Ice
    Participant

AMEN, Jennifer!

Dave Ice (who is a real person and this is my real name!)

Maria Myers
    Participant

No problem, Briggs!

I’ve had enough trouble without naming names. If one bothered to read all the posts one would know. At this point, it is rather like the sardines in “Noises Off”.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Saul, would you care to explain this expression to people whose first language is not English?

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Mel, “Noises Off” is a farce about the on-stage and back-stage antics of a theater group. One of the props in the play is a plate of sardines which is constantly mishandled and mislaid. If you ever have a chance to see the show, it’s incredibly funny.

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

I

Maria Myers
    Participant

Bernard,

I guess I missed that post.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies