harpcolumn

Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Wasn’t Pippin Took one of Mimi’s incarnations before Frilly too? I think so….HAHAHAHA…..this is so nuts.

Briggs

catherine-rogers
    Participant

You all have such nice real names. I wish you would use them instead of these confusing nicknames.

kay-lister

Sorry girls, I must agree with Catherine.

Well, having had a complaint about a request that I play for next to nothing, I decided at that time that I would rather not post under my actual name. The person posting about a complaint with their teacher is a perfect example of what I am talking about. The worldwide web can be a very peculiar place.

unknown-user
    Participant

Yep, that is why I’m Curly these days….given my experience. Maybe I shold be Rurly Curly Wurly, so that the R reminds people of me? Any suggestions of a pseudonym that reminds people of who I was is fine with me!

Anyway, Frilly Dilly was Jen, Mimi and Pippin Took were Miso Soup…always had a pseudonym from the first place.

That photo of the Salvi was on a funny angle, it had more hand room than that. But yes, less than a modern L&H. As before that I played a Aoyama, that had virtually no hand room in the upper, I found it wonderful! I also have small hands so that didn’t bother me too much. But I don’t know how I would go these days, as from playing the 100 and the 17 there is so much more room, it might be hard to go backwards!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Brookster,

June kindly talked me through how to load photos from a thingee called photo bucket. If you send the photo to me as an attachment and I will put it on the harp column for you.

Cheers,

Romy Curly Wurly

andy-b
    Participant

Here’s my Maple Prelude I got from the Virginia Harp Center this March.

andy-b
    Participant

Sorry that’s so big, my first attempt with a digital camera…should’ve resized it!

…..and here’s me wishing it were bigger so I could see the levers better. Oh Andy, that Prelude is a beauty. I LOVE the natural ones…..I favor all natural harps, but I ended up with a walnut harp and an ebony one. Still….your Prelude is just beautiful. They are such pretty, classic things.

unknown-user
    Participant

Ahh, isn’t it a pretty pretty pretty preciousness…..I love Preludes that are too cute for words. and that decal it gorgeous, its the style 15 decal and very sweet. Look at the finishing on it, little gold claw feet and a little hat for wearing out on special occassions….to cute for words Andy! Tell us all about how it sounds….I have found the Preludes are usually really nice sounding.

unknown-user
    Participant

You’ll get a blondey one day Briggs, you need a smaller pedal harp really, one that is more portable for gigs…One day…..one of those little

andy-b
    Participant

It has a really nice, mature, rich, resonant sound.

I DO love those Clios. Actually I may someday finagle to get an old 15 that is sitting in my friends house not getting played. It will be awhile, but I hope to get it someday. It’s blonde….old….in excellent shape. It just needs some lovin’. And I need some money. She keeps it because she has a harp that way — even though she never ever plays it. It hurts to think about it just sitting there, but it hurts even more to think of her harpless. She isn’t healthy.

Briggsie

unknown-user
    Participant

So, which doggy has the mature rich sound, the fatty on the left, or trim taut and terrific on the right??

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, 15’s are rather fab, especially in natural.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies