harpcolumn

Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

I think it’s very cute…..clever……well done! I really like it. Does it really sound that bad?

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, everyone nags me to put my photo on line, but no, I’m not gonna do that on the internet…I’ve had too many abusive private emails already! And the site of my plain Jane ness may start it up again (just kidding!)

But if anyone wants to email me privately I will send you a photo as an attachment via email. I have opened my email temporarily so that people can contact me, you do that by clicking on my name and then clicking on it again for the email address to come up.

Curls.

unknown-user
    Participant
    kay-lister

Dave – What a cute little harp.

unknown-user
    Participant

Too cute for words…a harp for the little mermaid in all of us me thinks…..

andy-b
    Participant

Thanks, Briggsie, but it really does sound that bad, lol!

unknown-user
    Participant

Andy, That is too funny!! Well, it Mishutka’s harp now! I hope that he lets you play it. Ella will be very priviledged if Mishutka lets her in the same room as his harp. I love pekes.

Cei Cei

unknown-user
    Participant

Hey Briggs,

Yeah, the sort of gothic shaped one is the Lionwood.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have

brook-boddie
    Participant

‘Tis it, Rosemary!

unknown-user
    Participant

What a beauty.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Brookster,

I hope someone gets it that really appreciates it for what it is! I (seriously) wish I had bought it, but thought I needed a concert grand for the sort of work I was doing….

The one thing that made me feel better about selling my Salvi, was the girl that bought it was a young professional just out of Uni, that was just beginning her professional life. She really wanted a Salvi concert grand, and could genuinely not afford a new one. So, I know that it has gone to someone that really wanted and needed it and could not get one any other way.

She took quite a while to come and see it, and come up with the money, and the harp sat over in Melbourne gathering dust for quite a while! Which was stressful, but I’m glad that we waited for her, as I think it went to the right person.

I do hope that it works out like that for you too! (Just wish I’d grabbed it when the money from my Salvi had come through!)

All the best,

Curls.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

How sad that Lionwood had to give up making harps. I’ve never heard a single negative or even neutral comment about them. There should be enough buyers for all excellent harp makers. Yours is beautiful!

Brook, that looks just like the new 47-string 100 that the university here got. I have my lessons on it occasionally. At first I really did NOT like it at all, but as it is getting played, it is really opening up, holding pitch. I actually like it (though it is much heavier to play than what I am used to).

It’s beautiful. I hope it goes to just the right person.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Briggsie,

When I bought that harp, I was actually looking for a concert grand (I’m 6’4″).

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.