harpcolumn

New tear-out tune “Cerulean Sky”

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire New tear-out tune “Cerulean Sky”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Kirsten Agresta Copely has provided us with a very lovely piece in the current Harp Column magazine. However, I wanted to point out that there are some errors to watch out for, the main one being that C natural needs to be used throughout the piece, since it is in the Mixolydian Mode. Do not use C sharps on the second page! Kirsten states this on p. 26, to keep C natural throughout.

Enjoy playing this beautiful piece, my harp friends!
    Harp Hugs,
    Balfour

balfour-knight
    Participant

I did listen to the piece on harpcolumnmusic.com and I like to play it a bit slower. It has a more peaceful sound if you enjoy playing it slower, but it is still very nice played “Spring-like” at a faster tempo! Lever harpists are going to enjoy having NO lever changes throughout the piece, and this same thing goes for no pedal changes, either! Just sit down and play this one for pleasure.

Enjoy playing this lovely piece, harp friends!
    Balfour

balfour-knight
    Participant

OK, harpists out there! Let’s get some feedback on this beautiful piece! I hope someone has something to say about it. I have appreciated and enjoyed all of the tear-out tunes so far, and I think it is truly a special gift from the composers and Harp Column, for us to be able to get these free-of-charge.

Happy Harping, my friends,
    Balfour

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies