harpcolumn

Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Wow Curly, she sure is a Grade-A beauty! Your Salvi looked like a real gem too, and it’s sad she had to go, but it looks like the Harp Gods have smiled upon you at long last. Congratulations!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Ted,

Thanks for being a pal. How about a photo of your harp???????

unknown-user
    Participant

Andy, Your new Prelude is just beautiful! I just love the natural finish and the decal. I’ll bet that your Prelude has a warm to bright sound in the upper registers, mine does. I love my Prelude. I’ll never part with it. I adore your puppies too. I am sure that they are good harp protectors, and they probably follow you closely too. I’ve had my Prelude now for about 6 yrs. now I think. It has developed a lovely voice over the years. Congratulations on your new harp! I hope that you have many joyful years of playing it.

Cei Cei

unknown-user
    Participant

Ro, Your harps are beautiful! Your new 17 is exquisite, and I love your Minstrel! I’ve never seen a harp like it before.

I might do that……but they live quite far. Still………

Cei Cei, the Pleyel is 1990. My husband is a fab pianist. In 1980 I was studying piano, and we were in a friend’s business who deals in Pleyel. He had one we couldn’t afford but he was giving us a great deal on it. We went to the bank to get a loan. They laughed at us….we didn’t own a house yet. We bought a house so we could get the piano — and then we couldn’t afford the piano. HAHAHAHA…..Hubby’s father — also a professional musician — had a Bechstein….a humongous concert grand. He wanted to downsize and realized that the piano would go to my hubby one day, so he sold the Bechstein and bought the Pleyel. He had it in his own house until

andy-b
    Participant

Thanks, Cei Cei, it does have a wonderful sound, and some unique grain patterns that I really like.

unknown-user
    Participant

So, you all have me trying photobucket.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You had some extra stuff in the URL, Heide. There you go.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’m trying once again to get the photo up.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks for fixing it.

unknown-user
    Participant

That Lionwood is gorgeous! Really unusual and so lovely. Thanks for posting it! I have never seen one in person, well, one day!

Is that the one with the swirly neck? What is the deal with the neck? Is it in two pieces? I’m so curious. I’ve never seen one. It’s gorgeous.

Briggs

andy-b
    Participant

Okay, no laughing allowed…this is my very first harp. I built it myself, before I knew anything about harps, just to see if playing one was really something I wanted to try.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.