harpcolumn

Morceaux de Concours

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Morceaux de Concours

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know of or have a complete list of all the Morceaux de Concours composed for the Paris Conservatoire?

I know of the familiar titles, Pierne, Busser, but at one for each year, there must be many more.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I’m sure they must all be on file in the Paris Conservatory library.

Yes, but we are not there, unless Isabelle Moretti will look it up and tell us.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a list of pieces (not complete though)

Tacye
    Participant

Could you cut and paste it on to here for all of us?

Yes, or send it to me through clicking on my name and then again. Yours doesn’t work. But it’s okay to share. I’m more interested in the 19th century pieces and early 20th century.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

I believe David Day has the complete list, Saul. I seem to remember someone attempting to track down the “missing” pieces from the list, ie. the ones not in print/not played/not really in the literature anymore. She found some of them, but not all, if I remember correctly.

It’s not as extensive as one might think as some pieces were repeated, and the competition was not always annual.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.