Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantThis chair is awesome. I have back problems, and I really can’t sit on a typical bench for long. The absence of
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks for the reply, Andy!
Since then you didn’t break any strings even now in the summer?
Where did your strings break, top or bottom?
My strings broke in different octaves, most in the bottom.July 8, 2009 at 3:21 am in reply to: Difficulty learning a piece and still being able to follow the music #160423unknown-user
ParticipantYes, this is a very common problem. I usually learn to start from each phrase. Although starting from random measures will help in the end, I would imagine that a
unknown-user
ParticipantThis is a good point! I won’t advertise while there.

I read the FAQs and apparently there is a vendor that will rent harps to people who could not bring their own. Should be a fun week!
unknown-user
ParticipantOh! I forgot to include my email address. AquaFilly@gmail.com
unknown-user
ParticipantHey Margot,
This just happened to me back in April.
unknown-user
ParticipantIt seems that the Suzuki method teaches by learning the music first, and then learning to read what you already know, based on the idea that this is how we learn language.
Is there a Suzuki harp teacher in your area? Do you think this would help?As for theory… well it became much clearer to me when I was learning piano as a grownup with the Alfred Group piano book!
I think all humans have musical aptitude. Music permeates every culture and time. The earliest instrument artifacts we have are little flutes!
Oh… breathe! And maybe take a look at “The Inner Game of Music”.
unknown-user
ParticipantYes, I’m the one with the big hands! And I study with Ina Zdorovetchi in Boston at NEC.
~Sam
unknown-user
ParticipantThe repertoire was: Fantaisie on a Theme by Haydn (Grandjany), Sonata in C minor (Pescetti/Salzedo), and Whilrwind (Salzedo).
~Sam
unknown-user
ParticipantGood job,
unknown-user
ParticipantI once played “The Water is Wide” at a wedding. It’s a pretty song, but the bride gave me an arrangement that she wanted me to play, and it had the lyrics as well (I had never heard the lyrics before). The third verse of the song says “Love is sweet and love is fair, fair as the dew when first is new. But love grows old, and waxes cold, and fades away like morning dew.” Good thing no one was singing with me.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’m sorry I didn’t know Ms. Necipoglu – and I’m sorry for the loss.
I did find a segment about her on youtube (its written in Turkish – but I think the video is in Brazilian Portugese??) – and it does show her performing.. I thought someone might like to see it/have it… Kind regards William
unknown-user
ParticipantHi, I’m pleased to see that Mildred holds a special place in the hearts of many. She well deserves it.
I don’t know if any of the members of this site have any copies of her annual Christmas letter. They were always a pretty good expression of Mildred’s vibrant personality and whirlwind life.
If anyone has copies still–i would love to see them.
Regards,
Skye
unknown-user
ParticipantTry this website http://www.harpspirit.com
unknown-user
ParticipantThank you Ms. Jaeger for the information! Will pass this on to our orchestra’s librarian! Kindest regards William
-
AuthorPosts