column

Weirdest Wedding Processional Request

Home Forums Coffee Break Weirdest Wedding Processional Request

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

Coming down the aisle to the theme song for “The Itchy and Scratchy Show”?

unknown-user
    Participant

I once played “The Water is Wide” at a wedding. It’s a pretty song, but the bride gave me an arrangement that she wanted me to play, and it had the lyrics as well (I had never heard the lyrics before). The third verse of the song says “Love is sweet and love is fair, fair as the dew when first is new. But love grows old, and waxes cold, and fades away like morning dew.” Good thing no one was singing with me.

The melody to “The Water is Wide” (Waly, Waly) is set to scripture

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Abide With Me was the strangest request I had. When asked why chosen the father of the bride said it was the only hymn he could think of. I asked if he knew the words and when he said no, showed him and played a verse. There was a rather rapid cancellation of that as a request!

paul-wren
    Participant

Well with wedding season 2010 well under way. I had three this past weekend and this year seems to be the year of strange request for me.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Someone on YouTube showed a Celtic-themed wedding with “She Moved Through the Fair” used as the processional. Very pretty, but the second verse starts out “Last night my dead love came to me…” Fortunately, it was instrumental only.

kay-lister

Jessica,

That’s so funny!

paul-wren
    Participant

Speaking of You Tube. I had one bride decided she had changed her mind one week before her wedding on what she wanted to walk too and sent me a link of Isabelle Moretti playing Asturias. Yikes!

The opening lyrics of My Immortal is mostly about wishing someone would just leave.

john-strand
    Participant

About 20 years ago – the bride and groom both wanted to walk down the aisle to the “Pink Panther” theme – you know – dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant dead ant – – – – – – I tried to talk them out of it, but it was very special to them and they ended up just playing a tape of it for their entrance while I did all the rest of the music on harp

tula-ruggiero
    Participant

The worst I ever heard happened to a friend of mine.

David Ice
    Participant

LOL!

David Ice
    Participant

Tula, believe it or not, I did use that song for a mock wedding!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

As a ’60s folknik, I’m very conscious of the lyrics to all folk and folklike songs.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I just read that a recent wedding in Proctorville, Ohio, had 110 bridesmaids. How’d you like to play that processional!? Hope they at least sent them down in pairs!

Stephanie
    Spectator

Recently I had to play
    “Moonlight Sonata” and found it to be so moody and a bit depressing for
    such an event.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies