Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantThank you Mr. Mangrum! I’ve placed my order! Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! Kind regards William
unknown-user
ParticipantShe`s
unknown-user
ParticipantThank you very much. I will start practicing it. I ordered Bullen’s Harp Book 1 and 2, which has the afternoon of a faun in it, already with her fingerings, so that i can concentrate on practicing it. 🙂
unknown-user
ParticipantOooooh, I want a chrystal harp!
unknown-user
ParticipantAn astonishingly wonderful Signature Edition CD- MILDRED DILLING, “First Lady of the Harp”-
unknown-user
ParticipantThank you VERY much for your reply Ms. Jaeger! I will dig in – and see what I can do… Off subject
unknown-user
ParticipantMy daughter attended Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Michigan last summer and is returning for two sessions this summer.
unknown-user
ParticipantMr. Swanson / Anyone – I really enjoyed the film on Ms. Dilling – she was definitely an incredible harpist – and we are truly lucky to have this (too short!) film of her performing! Thank you SOO much for posting it on youtube!
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks Brook.Jacket in my copy has playlist only.The recording was made on 80`s by the way.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’ve never heard of anything like that here on Long Island, but it does sound like fun.
unknown-user
ParticipantI live in the Atlanta area.
unknown-user
ParticipantThanks Tayce, Sylvia and Sam.
unknown-user
ParticipantAndy, you need to wear a fancy gown with a high slit up the left leg.
unknown-user
ParticipantAnother tip: If you can find any harp music (composed by harpists) you will surely be able to see a good representation of the types of common chords and what is possible. Though there are many chords that are common to both the harp and other instruments (like pianos), harps definitely have a set of common chords that most other instruments tend to stay away from, and these would jump out at you very easily. The first composers that come to mind are:
Carlos Salzedo, Henriette Renie, Marcel Tournier, Marcel Grandjany, Alphonse Hasselmans, Elias Parish Alvars, and
unknown-user
ParticipantBy the way, Marisa Robles has made a beautiful recording of this concerto with the Academy of St. Martin in the Field, conducted by Iona Brown.
You can listen to short previews of it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Harp-Concertos/dp/B000VAHEXKor here:
http://www.amazon.com/Harp-Concertos-Francois-Adrien-Boieldieu/dp/B0000041L9 -
AuthorPosts