harpcolumn

Looking for harp teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp Looking for harp teacher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I’ve always wanted to learn to play harp, but have been having some troubles finding a harp teacher and harp to rent around the Vancouver, BC (lower mainland area)…or if anyone know which music store would have information on harps and perhaps even have harp lessons?

I have also been researching on harps, and would really want a teacher who could show me the differences in sound and limits between the different types of harps (hard to imagine just by reading).

Could anyone give me some advice or contacts?
    It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nelleke Kerkhoff
    Participant

Hi Winnie,

I live in the

deborah-nyack
    Participant

Also, phone the Vancouver Symphony & the Vancouver Musicians Association Union. They will have harpists & their contact info. Also, for harps, http://www.harps-international.com has a western canadian office with harps to rent, rent to own, and purchase.

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, I don’t know why you couldn’t locate Elizabeth Volpe-Bligh, who frequently posts here. I’m sure she can help you out.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi winnie,

Give me a call if you haven’t found a harp teacher yet – we are located near Metrotown and she is an amazing professional. If you have a piano background, you’ll also have an advantage of learning much faster.

Thanks,

Eliza 604 322 7926

Elizabeth Volpe Bligh, who often posts here.

Yes, I teach in Vancouver. The technique that I teach is a mix of what I studied with Judy Loman, and what I have learned from master classes with various international harpists who have come through Vancouver (i.e. Russian thumb). I also use ReniĂ©’s Method book along with Salzedo’s books, to give a broad range of strategies for accomplishing musical goals. I hope that, since this is an old posting, the problem has been solved, and a teacher has been found.

jessica-yuen
    Participant

Check with west coast harp in Vancouver island. I remember they ship to Vancouver very cheap or maybe free. They are very nice to talk to. The owner may be able to teach in Vancouver too. Just google West Coast Harp.

stephen-vardy
    Participant

Thanks Jessica

We have a sales studio in Victoria BC, sell harps across Canada and ship/deliver to over 60 locations including into the Vancouver market.

http://www.westcoastharps.com

Vancouver harp teachers can be found here:

http://www.harpteacher.ca

Alison Vardy teaches out of our studio in Victoria.

We offer rentals to her students.

Hope that helps.

Stephen Vardy

West Coast Harps

mehlinda-heartt
    Participant

I am a harp teacher in Vancouver, my name is Mehlinda Heartt , I teach both lever and pedal harps and have 35 years of experience. Please see website and videos on you tube. Good luck finding a teacher. I am on Main street and 33rd avenue

mehlinda-heartt
    Participant

I am a harp teacher in Vancouver, my name is Mehlinda Heartt , I teach both lever and pedal harps and have 35 years of experience. Please see website and videos on you tube. Good luck finding a teacher. I am on Main street and 33rd avenue

mehlinda-heartt
    Participant

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies