unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: NEW HARPIST SEEKS ADVICE! PRETTY PLEASE! #75271
    unknown-user
    Participant

    oh wonderful, alright I will be sending you an email soon!

    in reply to: NEW HARPIST SEEKS ADVICE! PRETTY PLEASE! #75270
    unknown-user
    Participant

    wow, great advice. and haha, yep I definitely know about loosing the feeling in my hands – I forgot to list I also play the cajon aka box drum! I also scoop ice cream as my part time job so I can say I’ve got some tough hands haha! Thank goodness for being able to bandage my hands when I play my cajon as well…

    Thanks for the advice and websites everyone! Every little piece is great. I’d love anything else anyone has to say. Thanks for welcoming me here!

    in reply to: NEW HARPIST SEEKS ADVICE! PRETTY PLEASE! #75269
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hm, I do not have a teacher yet and this seems to be a good idea. I don’t know of any teachers in my area so I’ll have to do some research, I’m familiar with music lessons though, seven years on Clarinet haha! The lady I spoke with at my local music store actually recommended I stay with levers to begin with. Thanks for your advice!

    in reply to: NEW HARPIST SEEKS ADVICE! PRETTY PLEASE! #75268
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for your offer Miss Janice! I’ll keep your harp in mind, though ones I was looking at were in the $1,000-$2,000 range as I am a college student and that kind of thing seems to drain all the money out of us, haha…But again, thank you!

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Dears,

    I read the messages… and… If you want I can give you my point of view for this electric harps…

    For me the best the the Blue Light, I played a Silhouette from Lyon&Healy, is a good harp but is more heavy and the sound is more “classical” is not brillant and celtic like the Camac Electric Baby Blue or other from the “electric family” harps of Camac. And I played a Baby Blue also in Brasil… and is good but the Baby Blue is heavy… MY FAVOURITE IS THE BLUE LIGHT! 😉

    in reply to: Strings breaking in Lyon and Healy Ogden #69562
    unknown-user
    Participant

    We just returned a new L&H Odgen harp due to excessive string breakage. In the 11 weeks we had it, it broke 10 strings across the midrange and high octaves. We did nothing unusual with it and it was properly stored. All the strings broke while it was sitting there not being used. They all broke at the bottom near the sound board.

    I think it is a manufacturing or materials defect. Too bad because otherwise it seemed to be a very nice harp, but it was just getting to be too much.

    in reply to: Is my old Clark Irish Harp still playable? #75339
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Catherine Rogers,

    I would be interested in LINDA KAISER’s email address. It is not complete in the post. Do you have the rest of the address?

    in reply to: what do we know about Lyon and Healy 15 style harps? #75424
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Very interesting . . . thanks for the history.

    in reply to: Has anyone else noticed… #159927
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Had it go down while I was reading it last night – what’s up?

    in reply to: what do we know about Lyon and Healy 15 style harps? #75419
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Very helpful indeed, Carl!

    in reply to: Blue harp in orchestra? #151238
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Seems to me that Jack Nebergal’s blue and gold LH 3 was used in orchestras in San Francisco some years back – I think I heard the SF opera had it for a while and then Michael Rado had it – it is cobalt blue plus a ton of gold – not quite the same shade of electric blue as the Camacs –
    I have loaned my blue and gold Venus

    in reply to: Harp and Violin #151345
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Looking for …a violinist?

    It’s really you, Sofia?

    Greetings

    Gianluca

    in reply to: Has anyone else noticed… #159924
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, I have been meaning to mention it – being a night person, I like to log on at 2 or 3 in the morning and it is consistently down and has been for the past couple months every time I try –

    in reply to: Watership Down score #104556
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Julie Hi!

    I’m also looking for this score & wondered if you managed to find it or if you did transcribe it?

    I bought the soundtrack on LP when it first came out & wore it out! I’d love to be able to play some of it.

    Lucy <

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy delivery question #75549
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks everybody!

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 5,570 total)