Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
unknown-user
ParticipantDear Barbara,
I most agree with everything you have said – but I suppose it a matter of degrees.
Yes, you are right that harps are regulated before they leave the factory, and in an “ideal world” they would all be regulated perfectly. But most harp repairers and harpists I have spoken to
unknown-user
ParticipantI have just checked that link to Ms Giles website and it does clearly state that she gained
unknown-user
ParticipantI have just checked that link to Ms Giles website and it does clearly state that she gained
unknown-user
ParticipantI have just checked that link to Ms Giles website and it does clearly state that she gained
unknown-user
ParticipantDear Laurie,
It might be useful for the student to write down which strings are breaking (are they the same ones over and over?)
unknown-user
ParticipantBTW I have a L&H 23, if that makes a difference.
~Sam
unknown-user
ParticipantI have not heard of this qualification in association with American Institutions before. I have heard of the Artists Diploma (Art Dip) and the Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip) but not the Dip Mus.
From “googling” the term it
unknown-user
ParticipantI have not heard of this qualification in association with American Institutions before. I have heard of the Artists Diploma (Art Dip) and the Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip) but not the Dip Mus.
From “googling” the term it
unknown-user
ParticipantI have not heard of this qualification in association with American Institutions before. I have heard of the Artists Diploma (Art Dip) and the Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip) but not the Dip Mus.
From “googling” the term it
unknown-user
ParticipantI forgot to put the link to Alice Giles website!
http://music.anu.edu.au/areas-study/http/wwwanueduau/music/qareas-study/harp
unknown-user
ParticipantHi – was just chatting on the phone with David Williams and got on to the subject of your list of Salzedos – he said to give him another call as he remembered a couple more that you might be able to find
Johnunknown-user
ParticipantPS. I’m not sure you would need to completely re-string the harp if its only two years of age.
unknown-user
ParticipantDear Leonard,
That is valuable advice for players – never buy a harp unseen or unheard!
What you are describing in the upper register – the double notes – sound much like a problem that a student of mine had on a new 85
unknown-user
ParticipantMy experience of mischievous posters on online chat rooms is that they are rarely who they insinuate they are.
unknown-user
ParticipantDear Marie,
Yes, please do get back to us and let us know what the specialist has said. Many people play with injuries or physical problems, and working with a physiotherapist can be extremely beneficial and positive.
Additionally, I would encourage you to have some harp lessons and not be
-
AuthorPosts