harpcolumn

Ogden Broken Strings!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Ogden Broken Strings!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    atlanta-harp-center
    Participant

Jean,

Those cracks do sound a little scary. Cracks like that should not be forming like that so quickly if the harp has been well cared for.

unknown-user
    Participant

Dear Laurie,

It might be useful for the student to write down which strings are breaking (are they the same ones over and over?)

HBrock25
    Keymaster

I sold my pedal harp a few years ago and bought a new ogden. It broke numerous amounts of strings within the first year and I contacted both the dealer that I bought it from and the company. After trying to fix the problem, they ended up warrantying the harp and sending me a new model of the ogden (with eyelets that should have fixed the string breakage at the sounding board), but the new model has continued to break strings and this morning one of the tuning pegs simply slipped out! I never had this much trouble with my Lyon and Healy pedal harp and am extremely disappointed.

I encourage everyone that has had problems with this harp to contact Lyon and Healy directly so they know that this model has a lot of problems and they need to do something about it! I am contacting them myself later today…

unknown-user
    Participant

Okay, I am DONE with the Lyon and Healy Ogden. I’ve had TWO of them and both have this issue (I’m currently buying up to 4 gut strings every month and I can never play properly because there’s always one missing). With the first I thought I was unlucky but these harps are just problematic. I contacted the store and they told me every Ogden they sold has this massive string breakage and they refuse to buy any more of these harps from L&H until they fix it. I have no idea what L&H are thinking still selling these, they MUST be aware of this problem. Everyone who has one complains about it, it seems. I’m not willing to wait until the string breakage stops, after two years I’m sure it never will.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.