unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,831 through 4,845 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Linda Rice #163478
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Lyon and Healy Harp Co. in Chicago,(168 N.Ogden), might be os some help.

    in reply to: Like the “Star of the County Down”?/pen pal? #167645
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You might like some of these books.

    in reply to: Was this professional? #89281
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Virginia, I really like that story! How motivational! I’ve been struggling a bit with violin, and I think that has given me the motivation to keep going. Thank you.

    Okay, in response to the original post: NO! That was absolutely the most UNPROFESSIONAL thing I have ever heard of!!!!!!!!! (note the massive amount of exclamation points) I cannot believe she did that! I promise you there are more professional ways to handle such a situation. I believe that every teacher, at one time or another, ends up with a student that he/she may not like very much, and they’ll either just ditch them completely (as is your case), or they’ll treat them poorly. I cannot say for sure why your daughter’s teacher treated her poorly, but I am sorry nonetheless. I must leave now, but I’ll be back soon to finish the other half of my comment.

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167676
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You’re never too old to do anything. That’s what is so great about the human mind and spirit. We can do anything we put our minds to. (Okay, I just really sounded like a motivational speaker right there. Sorry.)
    Anyway, there is no “proper” age to begin the harp. However, if you wanted to go pro, then it would be beneficial to begin at a younger age. But that is not to say that you can’t go pro starting now. Anyway, I’m not making much sense today, but good luck! You have our support and well-wishing!

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167674
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello! thank you all for your responses, it is definitely encouraging and I cant wait to play harp! 😀

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167675
    unknown-user
    Participant

    i was a music education major in college (my main instrument was bassoon), and i am now
    working in a mortgage office. i’m 25 and i just bought my harp, and just began lessons
    last month! i’m not to hot yet, but being able to read music already definately accelerates
    your learning! it’s nice because you can focus on your technique instead of what a quarter
    note is! this website is defniately lots of help! they helped me decide which harp to buy
    and everything!
    good luck with your adventures!

    in reply to: Harp song using frying pan #167667
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Carl:

    I believe it was Susan Allen, Professor of Harp and Associate Dean at the California Arts
    Institute, who first performed the work you are referring to.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166304
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hola

    Soy una arpista espa?ola, de Valencia, estudi? en Barcelona con Ma Llu?sa Ib??ez, alumna de Rosa Balcells. Me parece buena idea tener contacto con gente de Am?rica con la que tenemos tan poca relaci?n a?n usando la misma lengua.

    in reply to: Economical travel/ lap harp #167965
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks so much for the suggestions, I’m keeping my eyes open.

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167671
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Clara!
    In my opinion, it’s never too late to start, and you will see many, many people on this discussion board who did not take up the harp until much later in life than 18!

    in reply to: Harp Teacher in Austin Teacher #89423
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I don’t live in Austin, but I have a friend that does. She was thinking about teaching kids. Her name is Noel McGraw. If you email me back (rosehill_32@yahoo.com). I can give you more information.

    Good luck on finding students. I would love to take lessons again sometime. Maybe, I can soon enough.

    Julie A. in Nacogdoches, TX.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166303
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hola a todos, mi nombre es Alicia y soy de Costa Rica, estudio en el Instituto Nacional de la M?sica, me encanta que nos encontremos Amanda, saludos a tu papas, ahorita estoy en Espa?a, pero esta pagina me servira para ponerme al tanto de los acontecimientos arpisticos.. adelente con la iniciativa y que bueno saber que hay m?s arpistas enamorados de su instrumento y que se deseen informarse sobre lo que nos encanta.. saludos a todos…

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166301
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hola a todos, me llamo Galaxia, soy de Venezuela y toco arpa clasica, estaba buscando informacion en google sobre arpa y me encontre con ustedes, me gusto muchisimo haberme encontrado con esta pagina, un gran saludo a todos los arpistas…

    P.d: Amanda tu conoces a Ifat y a Carmen, hace como hce 7 a?os fui a Costa Rica, y ellas estudiaban arpa en el Conservatorio de Castella, creo que se llamaba asi, con la Prof. Gina, si la conoces, por fa le puedes decir que me escriban a esta direccion electronica: gali_19@hotmail.com, cosa que pueden hacer todos los arpistas que quieran tener contacto conmigo 😉

    in reply to: Find a Harp Teacher #82655
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This is Thomas A Myers again I forgot to leave my email address. I am looking for a teacher of the Celtic Harp in the Miami Dade or Broward County area. I am willing to travel that far. I need to learn some fundamentals like technique in plucking properly and the discipline of a learning/teaching situation. I am a senior citizen and would like to learn for my own and a few friends’ amusement I read music, but not proficiently enough without some lessons. My email address is:pbman269@bellsouth.net

    in reply to: Economical travel/ lap harp #167964
    unknown-user
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 4,831 through 4,845 (of 5,570 total)