unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150170
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I also am looking for the sheet music (organ/piano) for StoryBook Love from the Princess Bride. I am getting married in three weeks! Please email me at krb161@hotmail.com if you have information I could use. thanks so much!

    in reply to: lesson rates (answers needed soon!) #88999
    unknown-user
    Participant

    i shopped around for different prices and more personalities a few months ago. and i

    guess it depends on what TYPE of teacher you pick.

    the younger more professionally trained ones with a few years teaching experience were

    charging $40+ for a half hour.

    whereas, the teacher i went with charges me $15 for 45 minutes! not only was it a better

    deal, she’s just a nice older woman who does this for fun, so the lessons aren’t as intense!

    now, if i was trying to get into college on harp, i’d have opted for the more expensive and

    more intense teacher (had to do this route before on bassoon in my past music life). but

    this time, i decided it’s going to be with a teacher who teaches because she enjoys it, and

    just wants to have everyone experience that with her. while i still learn a LOT and she’s

    very skilled at teaching, i think it’s just she’s in a different phase and it’s less intense.

    so i say, it varies on the type of person as well.

    in reply to: Where can I learn harp in Hong Kong? #89408
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Contact the Music & Drama Institute, 16/F, Dotcom House, 128 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong.

    The MDI A private music school run by professional musicians, and dedicated to advancement of the music profession in Hong by exclusively offering professional, experienced artists recruited world-wide to offer instruction to students from beginning to professional level. Our current (last update: 16. June, 2004) harp teacher was a former professor of harp in Russia.

    Call 2526-1499 or e-mail mdi@on-nets.com for details.

    Thank you for your interest!

    Looking forward to hearing from.

    in reply to: Any harp teachers near Graceville, FL….Dothan, AL? #89413
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Leia Rose,

    in reply to: Youth Orchestras #167587
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am finishing my last season with the Lincoln Youth Symphony in Northern Utah, and I used to also be in the Lake Bonneville Community Symphony, which was in the same area LYS is in.

    in reply to: lesson rates (answers needed soon!) #88997
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Evangeline,

    I think it depends a lot on the amount of time spent on each lesson, and the teacher’s skill level.

    in reply to: lesson rates (answers needed soon!) #88998
    unknown-user
    Participant

    i had an hour lesson every-other-week @ $40/hr (lowered to $20, I got a discount for

    being a poor teacher myself).

    in reply to: Summer Camps for young harpists #167977
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Lisa – My daughter is 11 and will be attending Interlochen Center for the Arts camp for the third year. She has harp lessons twice a week and supervised practice the other days. The camp is filled with wonderful musicians – and other artists. The web site is Interlochen.org.

    in reply to: I’m new…. #167947
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HI from all of us! That’s great to hear that you are playing and loving harp. I’m 19, but if you still want to chat with me, that is fine. My email is darthsuz@yahoo.com (hehe- I’m a big Star Wars geek!!! lol)

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166305
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hola arpistas latinos, soy ivan de mexico, pues entro para mandarle unos saludos a todos las personas que han dejado un mensaje en este panel, gracias a las

    in reply to: I’m new…. #167946
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Shelley!

    I’m 15, and this is my 4th year playing now. I love it! If you wanna chat my
    email address is katrina@musikarpatia.com and my AIM sn is coffeehigh24.
    katrina

    in reply to: Cheap pedal harps? #68428
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It’s been several years since I post this. But guess what at this time I’m doing a rent to own program from a place in Clawson,Mi called the Michigan harp Center. And on August 16, 2002 I’ve finally been blessed with a Lyin & Healy style 15 Harp I named Gilligan. That’s almost 2 years ago and lately I’ve Found out that the rent to own contract is about to expired next month. Because the harp also has many defects like the unplesant buzzing sounds, clicking sounds in the pedals and the creaky sounds the the pegs made when I tune the wire strings. I’m afraid that I have no choice but to take him back and get another harp that has no defects in it at all. Kelly tried her best to get the screws tighten in the harp and getting the help she needs that she spent the whole year trying to fix the problem. And your right. There is no such thing as a cheap pedal harp. In fact I’ve been eyeballing the $12,000 Venus Encore harp for a long while. and I think I heard that venus harps are one of the best around am I right? I’ve discovered Venus Harps a long time ago on the internet when I’ve been browsing around for harps and really love their stuff. I guess I better work on putting money away towards that harp. Thanks for all of your input!

    in reply to: counting triplets #89333
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Chris, Just as there is a solmisation syllable (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, etc.) for notes of the scale, which are moveable into any key that you are working with, there are Rhythmic Reading syllables so that you can get the math correctly in measures of music. Quarter notes would be verbalized as “one, two, three, four” in a 4/4 measure. Eighth notes in such a measure would be

    in reply to: counting triplets #89334
    unknown-user
    Participant

    First of all, I want to thank all of you who emailed me about this problem.

    in reply to: Tips for Teachers #89421
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Andelin,

Viewing 15 posts - 4,816 through 4,830 (of 5,570 total)