unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,666 through 4,680 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Playing the Harp in Movies #111115
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There are so many, I wish I could remember them all. The best use of harp I’ve seen on tv has been on the Carol Burnett Show, Cheers, and Frasier… and of course, I Love Lucy.

    in reply to: William Rees Aberdeen harp reviews #156762
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for your response Meg.
    You sound like you’re a physicist?
    I think Mr. Rees was a science teacher and works
    with a Physics consultant and has been a luthier for
    many years. He is also a multi-instrumentalist.
    It would be interesting for you to try
    his harps since you know your Physics and be able to
    let us know what you think. And perhaps even have
    a conversation with Mr. Rees about his theories.
    Again, thanks for your thoughts.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166323
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HOLA JASMINE, SOY IVAN DE MEXICO TAMBIEN, EHH KE BIEN KE AYAS DEJADO UN MENSAJE AKI,YO TAMBIEN TENGO 17 ANIOS Y TE AGREGE A MI MSN, UNA VES DO?A BETUEL GLORIA Y YO FUIMOS

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150175
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Everyone

    I am getting married in on FEB 12, 2005 and would like the Mark Knopfler instrument version of Once Upon a Time…Storybook Love.

    I would like to have my Pianist play it for my prosessional.

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155377
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I live in southern Alberta – 17 years old-

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155378
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello
    I live in Burnaby, BC.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166322
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Soy de Canada y me gustaria conocer a arpistas latinoamericanos!
    No puedo escribir ni entender espanol MUCHO…pero…puedo tratar…
    he vivido en Merida Mexico. que BONITa!
    tengo 17 anos y (?) I have played – la arpa para 3 anos..
    por favor… cuentame de ustedes!

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155370
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Caitlyn;
    Nice to meet you, too!

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155371
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Melanie!

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155375
    unknown-user
    Participant

    We have a pretty strong harp community here in the Windsor area, from well-established pedal professionals to Celtic harpers to young beginners.

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155367
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m in Amherstburg (just south of Windsor), Ontario.

    in reply to: Any Canadians here? #155369
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am a pedal and lever harpist from Windsor, Ontario.

    in reply to: How old were you when you started playing the harp? #166194
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I started plying the harp when I was 12. I am now 20, I play in five local orchestras, and I am majoring in music performance with my harp. I love playing the harp and I hope I never have to give it up!!

    in reply to: Salzedo versus Grandjany? #166866
    unknown-user
    Participant

    >>French technique, or the French approach to teaching the harp, has less to do with hand position than with a curriculum or format for learning to play the harp. In its purest form, it consists of rigorous use of exercises(scales, chord patterns, arpeggios, all taught in infinite variations)and etudes, as well as pieces representing a wide variety of styles. Stated another way, technique is taught item by item, rather than simply giving the student harder and harder pieces, and expecting their technique to advance as a result. The results of classic French training are spectacular and obvious.<<

    I can attest to this because I worked my way through Henriette Reni?’s Complete Method for Harp with a teacher who was the student of Grandjany student.

    in reply to: What type of harp should I buy??? (Down to three choices) #68840
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hi.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,666 through 4,680 (of 5,570 total)