unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: playing barefoot? #144929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That’s easy

    in reply to: lesson rates (answers needed soon!) #89005
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I live in Orange county in CA.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144925
    unknown-user
    Participant

    you know Kim,

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144926
    unknown-user
    Participant

    A Harp Column Calendar…yep, I like the idea. Actually, I’ve had a few harp calendars in the past, but nothing that features the scenarios that Victoria described. Could be VERY interesting! Jim, we could give the proceeds to the California mudslide victims or tsunami victims.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144927
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey – I want February.

    in reply to: megan harp #156296
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi everybody,

    First of all I want to thank you all so much for contributing to an answer. My Meghan harp is arriving tomorrow, after a long month of waiting.

    in reply to: Waring Harps…need answers! #68866
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry I haven’t seen this question sooner.

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151361
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m a nurse. I don’t live around any other harper/ists, I didn’t realize there were many nurses in the harp community.

    in reply to: megan harp #156292
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sylvie,
    I have a Mid-East harp and love it. BUT, I am an amateur and the harp I have is the Minstrel harp, which is a comsiderably smaller investment than the Megan harp (about $1,000 less). When I move up in the line of harps, I honestly do not know if I would invest again (and more) in a Mid-East harp. I would strongly suggest that you search the internet to see if you can find a harp of superior quality for a similar price figure. If so, great. If not, than I would say that, assuming this is your first harp, you will not be dissapointed with the quality of a Mid-East harp. Not just anyone can make a harp, so there are some minimal standards for every company to follow. I believe that quality expectations rise the more you play a harp. To someone who has been playing gold-leaf pedal harps for 20 years, my harp would be a piece of junk; to me and other ameteurs (Who just want a harp to play and practice on, not win an award for the most quality and beauty in the universe), it’s a priceless possesion and work of art. It all depends on your expectations and what you’re used to (though I still don’t understand anyone calling Mid-East harps crapshots). So, i’m not really in favor or against purchasing the Megan, I just think that deciding what harp to purchase is a major decision-almost like buying a car-that should be weighed carefully and considered so that the end result makes you a happier person. Figure out what you want out of your first harp, and once you find something that fits your needs and expectations, (and you wallet!) go for it! 10 years from now I don’t think my 38″ Minstrel harp will fit my needs; but now? I couldn’t be happier. :-)
    -New Harpist

    in reply to: megan harp #156294
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Could you tell us where you get your statistics from?

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167680
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi everyone…! Again thank you very much for your lovely comments..:D
    wow I cant believe how 6 months went by so quickly!!!!
    I’ve definitely taken up more courage after reading you guys comments…and after months of convincing my parents…
    IM FINALLY GETTING STARTED ON HARP!! YAYYY!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!
    And it is all thanks to you guys!! 😀
    This holidays I was actually intending to upgrade my violin to better one, but honestly I think I’ve had enough of violin…and not trying to sound full of myself or anything, but although im currently studying for Grade 8 I dont think I’ll have a chance

    in reply to: Unruly Students #89231
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I now teach a 7 year old on the piano, and in the past, I think she could be deemed with the word “unruly”. If she made a mistake or got frustrated, she would say… well, lets call them “big boy words” to maintain the sanity of this forum. Shed say these “big boy words” and slap the keys in anger, and once she even stormed off into my parlor room. If you think about it, seeing a 7 year old cussing at a piano is actually quite hilarious, but i knew it was something I had to stop! I talked to her mom about her “habit”, and her mom told me that it was part of a symptom she had, which apparently caused her to curse frequently. Im not familiar with it, so i cant tell you much about the condition- but the students mom talked to her and now the situation is under control.

    good luck with your student

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144922
    unknown-user
    Participant

    When playing a harp, is it wrong / To wear naught but a shocking red thong? / And will it bring woes / To wiggle one’s toes / Sans footwear, when pedalling along?

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144923
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m with Kim and Jim…wear shoes for most venues–at least the traditional ones.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144916
    unknown-user
    Participant

    um, I can’t resist the pun. Wouldn’t unraveling a pair of undies, become a VERY LONG THREAD?

    back to lurksville….
    Jane in Montana

Viewing 15 posts - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 5,570 total)