unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,441 through 4,455 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: playing barefoot? #144917
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think since Alex was the one who started this, he should have to pay some sort of
    penalty.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144920
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think he is out buying about 100 pairs of shoes…….

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144921
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just have to jump in here and say that this about the funniest thread I have seen anywhere.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144913
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What’s wrong with thong underware?

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144914
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think now we all have a mission.

    in reply to: what should I be looking for ?? #89242
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It’s important to know what the teacher’s credentials and training are. Harp is one instrument that is not successfully self taught. A teacher who is self taught can cause damage unintentionally. An understanding of a proper technique is critical to healthy playing. The underlying principal of all good technique is a relaxed approach with a well aligned body. If the teacher has a degree in harp or has taken lessons for a number of years that’s a good sign. Find out who your harp teacher studied with and look them up on the web, see if they have a solid reputation.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144911
    unknown-user
    Participant

    PS. I’ve worked with Lucia Micarelli also, and found her absolutely charming.
    Yes, very unconventional, but that’s what I admire about her. Very cool
    chick….

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157814
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Everyone…the name of the product is MELROSE.

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151360
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I actually dont know for fact, but let me take a guess…

    A big reason of why many of us are harpists is becuase we like giving happiness to others. Whether your a beginner or a world renowned professional, theres something about harp music that soothes others and makes them happy. When you think about it, nurses are doing the same thing. Taking care of people, making them feel better and bringing happiness into thier lives.

    Good guess?

    in reply to: Gu Zheng Chinese harp #74977
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just got a Gu Zeng.

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144906
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ok

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144907
    unknown-user
    Participant

    OK. I was going to quit.

    This is for Kathleen Wilson.

    1) How am I going to injure my 13EEEE feet with tinsey-winsey harp pedals?

    2) What does Alice Chalifour have to do with Emenin and Usher?

    3) What’s wrong with nightclubs and honky-tonk bands? I’ve made a lucrative
    living since 1974 playing those kind of gigs (started playing honky-tonk piano
    at Shakey’s Pizza Parlour in Southern California).

    4) What does strapless heals have to do with a middle age man with 13EEEE
    feet playing tunes by Britney Spears,Carlos Santana, Fastball, and Savage
    Garden?

    5) Since when would my heal EVER have to leave the floor when my feet are
    bigger than the base of the harp?

    Footnote: Britney Spears does read music and is a brilliant composer, and
    she laughs all the way to the bank (Estimated net worth $22 million).

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144908
    unknown-user
    Participant

    OUCH!!!!

    in reply to: playing barefoot? #144909
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Good idea. It’s time to move on. A good lesson is that one pair of socks or
    shoes does not fit all people. It would be sad if we all played the same, wore
    the same clothes, wore the same shoes or sock, had the same teacher, etc.
    Life and music is about individual expression. I know one thing. The harp
    world will die if harpists get stuck in the way things “were”, “should be”, or
    “used to be”. I can’t even imagine Deborah Henson-Conant playing harp in a
    chiffon dress and silver slippers. She’s successful because she bent the
    rules….her way! Harp Marx was successful because he bent the rules…his
    way!

    in reply to: have you noticed, so many harpists are nurses? #151359
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Janet

Viewing 15 posts - 4,441 through 4,455 (of 5,570 total)