unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How do you teach theory to harp students? #89038
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Check out the new publication by Sylvia Woods-Teaching Theory-I just took a class from her.

    in reply to: What’s your favorite lever harp music? #162556
    unknown-user
    Participant

    To Tony, what are the levels of the books you mentioned?

    in reply to: What’s your favorite lever harp music? #162557
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My teacher has put me onto the Italian composer Ludovico Einaudi who actually writes for the piano. I don’t think he is very well known in the US yet but his music is fabulous on the harp. It is pretty easy to play and very few lever changes yet sounds very complex. The book I have is the “Best of”:

    http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/057565/details.html

    My favourite piece is “Passagio” from “Le Onde”. I know this is a UK site and doesn’t meet your criteria of ‘cheap’! But you get a lot of pieces in the book and I urge anyone who fancies something a bit different to give it a go. Jen

    unknown-user
    Participant

    ?Hallo!
    Ich komme auch aus Deutschland! Es gibt in Bonn ein B?ro (vermute) ich mal, dass Stipendien and Deutsche vergibt, die im Ausland studieren. Guck doch mal bei google unter DAAD oder wenn mich nicht alles t?uscht: http://www.daad.de. Bernadette Kerscher hat echt viel Ahnung. HAbe meine HArfe von ihr. Sie kann dir bestimmet gute Ratschl?ge geben. (Sorry, dass ich sie einfach dutze)
    Ich selber beabsichtige HArfe zu studieren und habe mich umgeh?rt. Ich w?rde nicht zu Helga STorck gehen.
    Gisele Herbert ist in W?rzburg, ich kenn ein HArfenistin, die bei ihr studiet hat, und die ist echt gut( Assia Cunego) SOnst ist Han-Amn Liu in K?ln noch ganz gut.
    Aber schau ruhig mal nach dem DAAd Stipendium. Alles Gute
    Christina Buchsbaum

    in reply to: how to get a harp at my school. #167312
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Your email address, I think. Perhaps you can find a famous or successful alumnus of the school and ask them to donate a harp.

    in reply to: how to get a harp at my school. #167311
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Evangeline- Thanks for your input. Next year I’ll be in 8th grade so I’m planning taking my lever harp (blevins cynde 30) to school and leaving it there on weekdays to play one during rehersals. I’ll probably bring my rental pedal harp up to the school for concerts. I’m just concerned about high school when the music will probably require pedals so I’ll pretty much need a pedal harp at school for daily rehersals. A far as borrowing a harp from another school goes- all the harps in my district and and the surrounding districts are being used (my orchestra director and I made a lot of calls to find that out). But I do like your idea about rotating harps within my district! Thanks again! – Andie

    in reply to: New to the teaching world! #89043
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Small Tunes for Young Harpists by Bonnie Goodrich is excellent for beginners at the harp.

    in reply to: Salzedo’s own technique #82480
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What I am thinking currently about elbows is that I don’t want to be aware of them, I don’t want to feel anything but my finger touching the string and that it is connected to my shoulder and upper back. So it’s a bit flexible and moves. I don’t let my inner arm rest on the sounding-board, the pressure isn’t good. It brushes against it in the first octave. My left elbow might touch if I’m playing harmonics or octave passages. I keep finding new levels of relaxation and greater awareness.

    in reply to: Policy on Missed Lessons? #89049
    unknown-user
    Participant

    In a large studio such as ours, we soon learned that we had to come up with absence policy.

    in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150177
    unknown-user
    Participant

    For all those still interested in obtaining “Storybook Love”: the sheet music for this song is permanently out of print, previously distributed by Warner Brothers Music.

    in reply to: how to get a harp at my school. #167308
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I suggest that you write letters to Beatrice Rose and Paula Page, the former and present harpists of the Houston Symphony, and ask them if they know any people who might consider helping the school purchase a harp or donate one, or if they have any ideas on how to get one.

    in reply to: how to get a harp at my school. #167309
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you! Saul- how did you know i live in houston?

    in reply to: Hello everyone #167294
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey madeline! I’m about to turn 13, I live in Houston, TX and i’ve been playing for 3 years. Congrats on your new pedal harp! I’m hoping to get one soon! My aim sn is andi3booo22 and my email is aggiegirl2013@houston.rr.com!

    in reply to: Saratoga Harp Colony #167325
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey! My name is Madeline (or Maddie) Blood. I’m 14 and a student of Miss Hainen. I’ll be
    there for 3 weeks, it’s going to be so much fun! I am so excited about the harp ensemble
    list it’s such a great range of music. I was just in Traverse City for the Isabelle Perrin
    workshop, and there I met another girl who is going to be coming, Lydia Zotto.
    See you in a few weeks!

    in reply to: Harp Positioning #161500
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My husband fools around with my daughter’s harpsicle while lying on the sofa. “Dueling Banjos” never souned so angelic. He also will play “Shennandoa” and “Dixie”.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 5,570 total)