Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 15, 2010 at 12:55 am in reply to: needing advice on the Camac Korrigan and the L&H Troubador VI #73505
unknown-user
ParticipantPS. Camac’s also have nicer levers. If you go for the Troubador, make sure you engage each lever, play the string, and listen to the tone. Get any “thunky” dead sounds, or buzzes,
September 15, 2010 at 12:41 am in reply to: needing advice on the Camac Korrigan and the L&H Troubador VI #73504unknown-user
ParticipantHello Ceren,
The two
September 14, 2010 at 8:44 pm in reply to: needing advice on the Camac Korrigan and the L&H Troubador VI #73502unknown-user
ParticipantHello! I have the same dilemma. I bought a Korrigan today, but I didn’t like its metallic sound. Troubadour’s sound was prettier, but people made me buy this Camac harp. And I thought it was a little bit easier to move. It also has 2 more strings. Which one did you choose & any suggestions? Should I give it back and buy the Troubadour? Troubadour is slightly cheaper btw.
unknown-user
ParticipantHi Leslie,
Well, if you have a plumber coming on Friday….my guess is that that is when the harp will arrive! When the plumber will turn up, I have no idea!!
What country am I in? Australia. Yet another Aussie online!
unknown-user
ParticipantHello Georgina,
Yes, I’d say you are right that all freight is on the dodgey side in our neck of the woods. You did the right thing in informing the agent and Camac – lets hope they take some affirmative action on it.
I apologise for talking as directly to your daughter as I did, as I did not realise I was chatting to such a young girl. I thought it was you and not her. I did read the comment about “mummy” checking the harp and thought you were refering to yourself and being cheeky!
Anyway, I am glad the harp was not damaged. I checked out your daughter playing on You tube. It’s a great sounding harp and she gets a lovely sound out of it too. She looks a sweetie.
Best wishes and good luck to Phillipa with her studies,
Kate.
unknown-user
ParticipantI’m sorry Phillipa, I’ve just realised that there are two of you posting under the one name! My comments were directed to your mum Georgina. You may like to let her read my comments.
Regards,
Kate.
unknown-user
ParticipantI look forward to reading about the arrival of your harp!
unknown-user
ParticipantSorry Leslie to go off topic on your thread. I hope your harp arrives soon!
unknown-user
ParticipantOh Georgina how awful! I had a pal that bought a Camac a few years back and had a similar epic drama with the delivery of it..she did
unknown-user
ParticipantIt was my brothers 18th birthday party and we had a Lord of the Rings theme! It wasn’t as bad getting my Troubie up the tree as I thought. We strapped it to my brothers back in a canvas bag
unknown-user
ParticipantRosalind, that is really interesting. I was only using them in the second octave by the way. But it is quite possible I got a bad batch.
unknown-user
ParticipantHello Elaine,
Have you tried the harp society of New Zealand? They have a teachers page on their website.
Good luck.
unknown-user
ParticipantIn a big old tree. It was on a platform half way up
September 12, 2010 at 3:24 am in reply to: what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment? #157357unknown-user
ParticipantHi Ching Chuan! I love Catrin Finch too! Isn’t the Faure the most beautiful piece ever?? One day
unknown-user
ParticipantHi Jennifer,
I tried concedo in the second octave, just to see if I wanted to change over to them.
-
AuthorPosts