harpcolumn

Concedo strings

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Concedo strings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Yoneji
    Participant

Could someone please tell me how the Bow Brand Concedo strings compare to the regular Bow Brand gut strings? I know that the Concedo strings have a white polyurethane varnish that reputedly makes them easier to see in dim light. Do you recommend them? How is the tone? Does the varnish flake off? Thank you.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I tried concedo in the second octave, just to see if I wanted to change over to them.

rosalind-beck
    Participant

Jennifer, I have been using Concedo guts in the fourth and fifth octaves on my 23 for a number of years.

unknown-user
    Participant

Rosalind, that is really interesting. I was only using them in the second octave by the way. But it is quite possible I got a bad batch.

Jennifer Yoneji
    Participant

Thank you very much for your responses. I appreciate your input.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

I also use them Jennifer, on my Steen lever harp. I haven’t had any problems with them, and appreciate anything that makes it easier for my “bi-focal” eyes to see.

karen-conoan
    Participant

My harp is a LH85 E and it is currently strung with Cancedo gut. I am very satisfied. They wear well, are easier for me to see, and they have survived adverse climate and lots of transporting of the harp this past year (the same strings haven’t been on the harp for an entire year). I would like to continue using them; only the expense keeps me from continuing to replace with Cancedo gut.

Ian McVoy
    Participant

I had concedo strings on my harp for about two years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies