unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Israel competition #149173
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I know the website is down. Its annoying.

    The rep is on Vanderbilt’s website.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Stairs #149207
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Beautiful location – I’ll bet the vaulted ceilings did a great deal to spread your sound throughout, plus it looks like the floor is totally marble, so the reverb must have been wonderful.

    in reply to: handel harp concerto #107297
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The Lawrence edtion of the Handel has a piano reduction. You can get it from Lyra Music.

    http://lyramusic.com/harpsoloh.htm

    Good luck.

    in reply to: Thuddy top register? #149301
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Biting my fingers is not good. If you’d like to see the extent to which I would bite them if I didn’t control myself, please look up the disorder dermotophagia. Not good. The one time that I gave myself a proper break from playing of any kind in a long long time

    in reply to: Question about the Camac Korrigan #72906
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Ceren,

    It’s my turn to say Oops, as it is my mistake.

    in reply to: Question about the Camac Korrigan #72905
    unknown-user
    Participant

    @Deb Yes, thankfully it’s just a superficial damage. Actually I was organizing my room and I think a cable tangled around it. I’m not sure, I just saw it on the floor! Thank you btw.

    @Kate Oops, they didn’t give me the claw feet! I only have its legs, cover & a tuning tool. I think I should talk to my dealer soon. Thank you very much for the information!

    @Anna If you’re tall, then this harp might suit you well. It’s a big lever harp and you can make it even bigger with its legs. And I was told that it’s a good choice if you’re going to play pedal harp in the future, because of the similar tensions, gauge etc. The levers and the tuning is also good. I hope you can buy the best harp for yourself!

    in reply to: Deb, any news………… #158302
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If your harp has the most beautiful sound that you have ever heard, well, that

    in reply to: Deb, any news………… #158299
    unknown-user
    Participant

    L&H usually do tension a harp down for transit. There is some tension left in the strings, but they do flatten off the notes significantly

    in reply to: Deb, any news………… #158297
    unknown-user
    Participant

    PS! It needs to be

    in reply to: Deb, any news………… #158296
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Deb,

    If the harp is new, and had recently been detensioned for transit,

    in reply to: Thuddy top register? #149298
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, now that I’ve thought about it more, it occurred to me that the last time I switiched out all non-bass strings was just BEFORE I acquired this harp – so who knows how old these strings are? Many of them ARE new, however, because for a few months I was popping a few strings every week. A whole new set might just do the trick.

    My wires are new – I replaced them around new years.

    Also, I pay extremely close attention to the condition of my fingers because I have a terrible problem of biting the skin on my fingers. I’ve been stopping and starting for a while now, with each stop lasting longer, so my focus is often on my fingers. I find that my fingers form plates of hard skin rather than a single callous (this is almost certainly due to the finger biting) and these are detremental to the sound whereas a callous might not be so. To keep these in check, I file them often. To remedy the solution totally, I should take a long, complete break from the harp and let my fingers go back to their “natural state” before I try and get the callouses again. I find that soaking my fingers in water can be a temporary solution and rubbing them with olive oil is a better, albeit messier and longer process. The olive oil also has a somewhat subtle permanent effect…

    Its good to know that development in the top register takes so long.

    What is this bionic 23?

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Thuddy top register? #149296
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The strings are nylon. I’ve actually noticed the thuddyness just when playing now that I’ve noticed it in the recordings… I think I will be changing all my strings in Dec., so hopefully I’ll figure it out by then.

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Question about the Camac Korrigan #72901
    unknown-user
    Participant

    in reply to: Harp insurance? #158311
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That sounds excellent Ann! We don’t have anything comparable here. We do have house and contents insurance, but it does not cover your instrument if you take it out of the house! For harpists that don’t move their harps around that is what they usually do in Australia, just add it to their house and contents schedule. What you call a “rider”!

    in reply to: Question about the Camac Korrigan #72899
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, I bought a Camac Korrigan, too! It took a little bit time to get used to its sound, but now I’m OK with it. By the way, I’ve still got a problem. I use my harp without legs, because it’s much more comfortable to me. But its balance is really bad. Few days ago I dropped it and now it has some marks on it. I feel very bad

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 5,570 total)