harpcolumn

Deb, any news…………

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Deb, any news…………

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

hi Alice, thanks for mentioning.

deb-l
    Participant

hey Carm, my string breaking woes aren’t the norm, I don’t think you need to expect to have issues.

Carm Zephyr
    Participant

Thanks for the tips and advice Georgina 🙂 Especially about the letting go after unloading from the car. I am a little worried about my two year old aswell! But Andrew said thet I can tie an ‘ocky’ ( I’m not sure how to spell that, sorry) strap From the roof to the harp and that way even if my toddler sneaks into the locked room and bumps it it won’t fall ( fingers crossed). I think I’ll take this idea up as I have an all timber roof so nailing the rope from there will be fine.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello Deb,

If the harp is new, and had recently been detensioned for transit,

unknown-user
    Participant

PS! It needs to be

deb-l
    Participant

wow Kate, thanks very much for the advice.

unknown-user
    Participant

L&H usually do tension a harp down for transit. There is some tension left in the strings, but they do flatten off the notes significantly

Carm Zephyr
    Participant

Thanks Deb, I hope your harp settles in real soon. I’m sure it will and you can just concentrate on playing 🙂

deb-l
    Participant

Kate, my harp was sent to me from Harp Connection but it was crazy flat when I got it.

unknown-user
    Participant

If your harp has the most beautiful sound that you have ever heard, well, that

deb-l
    Participant

thanks Kate,

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies