unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sheet music for theme to The Princess Bride #150191
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi mike m!

    lol i know this was 4 years ago since you offered the sheet music for “once upon a time…Storybook Love” but I was curious if you still have it? I am getting married and my fiance would like me to play it on the piano.

    My email is jlaur@rogers.com, if you could email me the score it would be greatly appreciated!

    thanks!

    Josh

    in reply to: Thanksgiving “Performance” #163851
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Inderol is a drug used for heart conditions, and alot of professional musicians use them to stop the shakes. As a heart medication it can have serious side effects, and also can permanently alter the heart rate.

    GP’s in this part of the world are very hesitant to prescribe it for professional musicians and tend to only prescribe it on the very short term. For amateur musicians, it’d be quite difficult to get a prescription, as you are not reliant on performing for your income. So would not be considered serious enough.

    I spoke to a concert pianist recently who has dreadful performance nerves, and he has all these rituals that he goes through before a performance to try and control his nerves..including lucky red underwear! He panics if he does not have it!

    I also have my rituals, but not lucky undies…I do however have a series of exercises I go through before a concert, and find the physical exertion does alot to burn up some of the adernalin. I also find the endorphins that kick in, have the habit of helping to calm me.

    in reply to: retuneing during a wedding #111972
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Excellent tip Andy! I have been known to do innovative things with harps and rubber

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86634
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Vince,

    Thanks for clarifying that….I have not seen that in action, but would like to one day. I suppose the concern for you then is to be very careful to ensure the harp is at its balancing point, and that you do not take any weight on your shoulder. I’m sure that is why I’ve been taught to mostly use my knee to keep it at that point, to ensure I keep weight off the shoulder. But, when you use the knee you have to be very careful not to allow yourself to twist sideways…so, there are always things to watch no matter what you choose to do!

    Yes, it is an interesting topic. I mostly wear full length dresses/skirts

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86633
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Kilt anyone?

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68895
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I do not understand much of the problem you said with discs, it may be my language is not good in English. I have the old 85E model harp, 46 string harp.

    in reply to: retuneing during a wedding #111964
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I disagree – they might not notice that you have an out-of-tune string, but unless they are deaf, they will notice that it doesn’t sound right and think you are a poor musician.

    in reply to: retuneing during a wedding #111963
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Charles,

    I hope you play harp better than you spell. If I was a bride-to-be looking for a harpist, I would not even consider you.

    Haveing? Tuneing?

    If you can’t spell these simple words (or don’t bother to double-check what you write) do you even know how to tune a harp?

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86630
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Not to worry Margaret, i was mainly focussing on “lessons” and I do not tell them what to wear during lessons. But with performance, I do discuss, suggest and guide.

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86626
    unknown-user
    Participant

    …or a green halter neck….

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68894
    unknown-user
    Participant

    With student repertoire I don’t think the missing three discs are that much of an issue in the extremities…it has not been a problem for studnets i’ve had at an intermediate level. As you can tune the notes you need in the extremities, as one

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68893
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Glad that you clarified that, as I was looking at my students GP and wondering why we in our part of the world get more discs than you do!

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86624
    unknown-user
    Participant

    …I realise I’m just repeating myself now (sorry), as its a topic that I feel strongly about. But I’ll shut up now!

    Cheers!

    in reply to: Fashion Sense #86623
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, I don’t have any issues with what my pupils wear….so I have nothing to complain to the parents about! But I did

    in reply to: Salvi Daphne 40 #68889
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There is nothing wrong with 40 string harps. And they would do fine for alot of types of work and amateur orchestras. But,

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 5,570 total)