unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86992
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Correction needed: very, very sad story here.

    It’s such an emotional subject here, and it’s difficult to think straight.

    Cynthia

    in reply to: Harp in the Public School Curriculum #86991
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think a lot depends on the school districts budget and priorities as to what instruments can be bought and what teaching programs can be had. The string teacher in our district has to wait 3 yrs until she can purchase another violin.

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71396
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Has any one compiled a discography of music preformed on Erads?

    in reply to: best pop harp player #103607
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My list of some of my favorites would include: John Coltrane, Chet Baker, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Astor Piazzolla, Thelonius Monk, Patti LaBelle, Nora Jones, Ms. Blige, Melissa

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71389
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Is anyone interested in

    in reply to: Reading a StroboFlip Tuner #163728
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Barbara. I am still working with it. I think it is coming easier.

    in reply to: Santa Came Early #111877
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dave,

    in reply to: Droopy wings #111892
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, you could say.. no matter how hard I blow I can’t get a sound out of this one….(nodding towards the harp..)

    I have used that one, when asked if I wish I played flute…

    Yep, its a challenging time of year. All the gigsters are getting tired and gigs are chaotic and organised at the last minute, and finding a quiet time to even tune let alone warm up is getting harder. I like the idea of the head phones, very much, to give one a polite excuse for a bit of space. As I’m not a talker and a player either, my brain just does not switch over from one zone to the other too effectively.

    Vitamin B 12! Keep the energy levels up!

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68555
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Babs,

    Well, you know when one moves a harp around oodles that itself is

    in reply to: choir and harp #85826
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Patricia,

    Thanks for that. I would love the list from the AHS journal, 1975!

    I will contact Lyra bout the Milligan-Fox work. I have the Watkins Folk Songs, and you can have choir sing them in Unison to good effect too. Scarborough Fair has a particularly pretty harp accompaniment, that would be lovely

    in reply to: choir and harp #85825
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Carol,

    Thanks for that, the Brahms would be too hard for these gurls. But maybe for the senoir choir next year, its a lovely work! I agree, I like the 3rd song the best.

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68553
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Actually, I got out the photo of the one in Osaka (yes, I took a photo of it…) and it is not the same as the Primo. Similar, but not quite the same design. I’ll try and scan it and load it on the column..if I can remember how to do that….

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68552
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, my trolley is somewhat special…I have not seen another like it since I bought mine ( 20 years ago!). I think a harpists dad designed it but I’m not sure. Others

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68547
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If anyone else wants to add anything about the Camac trolley or any other type of trolley, please feel free to share the good and the bad.

    Especially busy gigging harpists.

    Cheers.

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68546
    unknown-user
    Participant
    Hope you are enjoying arguing the question.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,131 through 2,145 (of 5,570 total)