unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: choir and harp #85822
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Calista, just did the Angels Carol with the gurlies this year! It was

    in reply to: Stroboflip tuning pickup attaching. #163744
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much Sherry. I works beautifully. Now I am saying “Why didn’t I think of that!” It is so simple when you know how. I wasn’t looking at the top only the bottom. Thanks again.

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68544
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Barbs,

    I will talk to the Camac agent about the Go Go cart and also the L&H guy when he is next out. I have not seen the Go Go up close, but I may call a gurl with a Camac and see if I can have a good look. There was a wonderful trolley that they had in the concert hall in (I think) Osaka, that was a tray, fitted to the shape of the base of the harp with wheels on the back. And they used it just to get the harp on and off the stage. Flat surfaces only of course. It was locally made and a really great design…..

    That is really all I’m after,

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68543
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “Get your priorities straight. You are moving an instrument that costs anywhere from $10,000 to $40,000 or more, and you’re willing to do serious damage to it with cheap wheels that are easy to carry around?? Did I undeerstand that correctly?”

    Charming!!! As always…

    No you did not understand my question correctly…You did not read my post properly.

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68542
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I want to adapt a motorized wheel chair to seat a harp.

    in reply to: Ft. Lauderdale student seeks teacher #86995
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Christie,

    I think I might some information you’re looking for. Do contact me if you want.

    Michael (yes, the one you think it is from NHS) :-)

    in reply to: Shipping concert harps #111898
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oops – just noticed the date on that first post. Imagine Dana well and truly gone by now!

    Hope it is of use to Sandra, or anyone else that may get on and read it in the future…

    Cheers.

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68538
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hmmmm, I just realised something…my 100 is the older model that does not have back feet, it has a “tray” type area where the feet would have been if

    in reply to: I would like to get my wife to begin Harp….. #163757
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Anyone know of Cindy Kleinstuber webcam lessons? I’ve not heard of her, but if they are useful it’d be good for Kris to know.

    What harp are you both thinking of getting? And what does your wife think of the idea? I think you should put her online, I’m sure she would laugh at the perceived “slamming” you got!

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68537
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sounds good to me! I’ll hunt up Harps etc.

    Ta muchly!

    in reply to: Shipping concert harps #111897
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Freighting harps..don’t even mention it! Freight companies…arrrgggghhhhh!

    Anyway, I’m not sure if this is relevant, but one thing I’ve found when flying harps and getting quotes, is to mention that they can lie the

    in reply to: I would like to get my wife to begin Harp….. #163755
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Kris

    I would also like to add that I never meant to ‘slam’ you, not at all. I am most very sorry if it seemed that way. I was just trying to do as you asked; honestly answer your question. No offence was ever intended, my apologies if it was perceived that way. A Merry Christmas to you, your wife and your daughter.

    Cheers

    in reply to: Camac harp trolley #68535
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Berger wheels? Sound nifty. Did you get them from harp supplier?

    Thanks Barbs.

    in reply to: I would like to get my wife to begin Harp….. #163752
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Jennifer! We really haven’t gotten that far yet.

    in reply to: Harp Dog and Pony Show #111906
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Smiffy! Hope you are well.

    I played at a Kindegarten recently (kids 3-4) and one of the highlights for the kids was Butterfly gig…the traditional Irish tune. Actually all the Kimmy Robertson ones got over well with kids (and adults) they have a popular and dreamy quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,146 through 2,160 (of 5,570 total)