unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: My new harp!!! #111490
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello again,

    VHC actually had a used cart for…. 200 I think. The owner actually brought my harp to the car with it! It was great….. but I already spent the money for the transport cover set, so I didn’t want to spend anymore…. I probably would’ve went home with two harps if I didn’t get out of there. :-)

    I have a cart that will hold my harp, but I’d need straps for it. The wheels aren’t big enough for steps though…. well, I could use it, but it’ll be quite difficult to pull it up the steps. ( the rubber covered wheels are a plus though!)

    Thank you all for your input once again! Time to go study more harp stuff. =)

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163274
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow, thanks! Can I get back to you about whether that would work or not? I have to talk to the lady here at school that is in charge of renting the various instruments we need for tour. If she can find a harp to rent for the whole week, she may decide to just do that, but that’s up to her. I’ll tell her you’d be willing to let me use your harp (I’ll be able to talk to her tomorrow), and that might work out just great! I’ll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks again!

    in reply to: My new harp!!! #111487
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks all for the lovely responses!! :-) I’ve been playing and playing and playing! I’ve adjusted to the pedals really well. ( saves my hands! But i’ll still miss my lever harp….)

    Well, now one of my fingers is getting kind of sore. =( I guess that’s a part of pedal harping. I’m used to folk tension with thinner strings! I hope I don’t get a blister! I have my first gig with my new harp(which i cant move yet….. =| ) next Saturday!

    Also, I saw a ton of different harps at the VHC store here in NJ. One of them, that really peeked my interest was a Salvi Erard(in rosewood with gold trim!) and a Camac Athena! It was a 46 string. It was priced really well, but my 40 string daphne just fit in my jeep! Glad I made this decision! :-)

    Are my fingers going to get blistery? I’m worried. The gig is in a week. =|

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163273
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That’s a Tuesday

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163272
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Our concert is on March 11th at Northwood Presbyterian Church (518 Pike Place). Our tour is actually the orchestra strings with the top choir here at Northwestern. I’m really excited for it!

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163271
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the information! I’ll look into that. The lady in charge of getting instruments for our tour was having a really hard time finding a harp to rent. So I told her I’d help out and see if I could find anything.

    I go to Northwestern College in

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163270
    unknown-user
    Participant

    when and where is your San Antonio Concert?

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157875
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I found that you can no longer Melrose Cream in any stores, but you can only get it from ordering it on the web @ http://www.melrosecream.com or calling them@ 866-372-4691.

    in reply to: nylon #163169
    unknown-user
    Participant

    So, Herr Bernhard, do you happen to know which division of DuPont manufactures Tynex, to see about ordering directly from them? Perhaps I will market a heavier-gauge line of strings.

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163268
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry, that probably would have been helpful to mention. :-) Our first concert is Thursday the 6th in Plano, and then we have concerts in Richardson, Lubbock, San Antonio, and Pasadena. I would need a concert or semi grand.

    in reply to: harp rental in Texas #163267
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Where in Texas are you touring?

    in reply to: FloridaHarps.com #111545
    unknown-user
    Participant
    The URL was going to be
    in reply to: All giddy about harmonics! #163300
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have tried the 12th harmonic closer to the sounding board, but find it less resonant, because the resonating length ends at the neck, not the board. I wouldn’t call it more male! I thought of you today, because I had changed all my g strings, so the tuning became quite interesting and gave the harp a new coloring.

    Harmonics are among my favorite things on the harp, though I find it hard to play an entire piece made of harmonics alone. I have used the 12th harmonic in a few of my pieces.

    in reply to: regulation on an antique #163304
    unknown-user
    Participant

    No, I would only use one of the older, experienced technicians like Ed Galchick or Peter Wiley who have lots of experience with older harps. Some of the recently trained technicians don’t seem to have been trained fully to work on older harps. I had one come to my house and tell me there was no reason to regulate the wire strings! I made him do it, of course, and showed him why it must be done. I think.

    in reply to: What do harpists chose for their own weddings? #111558
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I played for a harpist’s wedding, and I believe I played the first movement of the Handel Concerto, then the first four of Salzedo’s Preludes Intimes, or first three, then played the fifth one as a recessional. She was happy with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 5,570 total)