Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Pointer Finger Player #161797
    Tacye
    Participant

    Learning proper harp technique is hard- and you may find it ‘no fun’ but one of the reasons we harp on about it is because it does give better results and the better you play the more fun harp playing is.

    in reply to: Boston-area harp stores/harp teachers #161936
    Tacye
    Participant

    I was going by their website which shows lever harp rentals, I don’t know if they ever rented pedal harps.

    in reply to: Boston-area harp stores/harp teachers #161934
    Tacye
    Participant

    Do you consider Salem to be in your local area?

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161864
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hi Kim- your problem is probably that the harps in question are discussed by so many different names- you might like to start on this thread:

    http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message%5fid=24242

    in reply to: New harpist= 14 year old ! #161705
    Tacye
    Participant

    While gender stereotypes have changed they seem to go back a long way, especially among amateurs: flute for gentlemen as ladies could not be seen to pucker up their lips, harp for the girls because Marie Antoinette played it- sensible reasons!

    in reply to: Lap harp questions! #162006
    Tacye
    Participant

    If you are interested in Camac then Elen Vining has the advantage over
    the Early Music Shop of being a harpist and, last time I checked,
    cheaper…

    in reply to: Lap harp questions! #161998
    Tacye
    Participant

    Where in the UK are you and how soon do you want your harp?

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161849
    Tacye
    Participant

    Pakistani copy of a Stoney End- I have seen very similar ones before.

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161839
    Tacye
    Participant

    I don’t see the pictures- but another option with the heart shaped hole is a Stoney End harp -they generally are not carved, but that does not prevent someone deciding to carve one.

    in reply to: Buzzing noise from the levers #162047
    Tacye
    Participant

    It only bothers you so you can take your time to solve the problem- depending on how much it is irritating you.

    in reply to: Reading music – through the strings? #162069
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have not needed to read through the strings for some time, but it can be useful when for one reason or another two harpists need to share a part and photocopying is not practical.

    in reply to: Breaking Strings #166719
    Tacye
    Participant

    You can get quite cheaply gadgets that measure temperature and humidity and will record the maximum and minimum since it was last reset.

    in reply to: Grade 8 Query #83690
    Tacye
    Participant

    My understanding of the AB syllabi is that they are not designed so that ‘the majority of newly arrived at grade x level students’ can learn every piece, but that there is something for everyone.

    in reply to: Markings in Grandjany’s Fantaisie on a theme of Haydn #86433
    Tacye
    Participant

    The book is not a method or anything- so no DVD! It is a compilation of Grandjany arrangements including the Francisque Pavane and Bransles and should be available wherever you get your music.

    in reply to: Really, am I nuts? #162340
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am not sure how long one of your blocks is, I used to routinely walk my harp up to about a mile and a half in good weather- but I did wonder at my own sanity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,469 total)