harpcolumn

harp came without tuning key

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists harp came without tuning key

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Donna O
    Participant

I too started on an inexpensive Paki and recently purchase a harp from L&H.

unknown-user
    Participant

Sherj,

How interesting.

Liam M
    Participant

Hi Lani,

Now I am sure I have an extra key

unknown-user
    Participant

Dear Liam,

unknown-user
    Participant

Liam,

Liam M
    Participant

Lani,
    Actually my grandson appears to have perfect pitch!! Sure doesn’t come from me!!

Your tuning wrench went off today, USPS.

unknown-user
    Participant

Dear Liam,

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m not sure I’d call perfect pitch a blessing.

Liam M
    Participant

LOLOL!!

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a question, since the topic seemed to have been minorly batted around on this forum.

Tacye
    Participant

Hi Kim- your problem is probably that the harps in question are discussed by so many different names- you might like to start on this thread:

http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message%5fid=24242

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks Tacye!
    That was very helpful and informative.

Liam M
    Participant

Oh no, the PHSO debate one more time!!

Kim, I now have a very dear friend that I debated quite heatedly on this issue.

Pakis are cheap and for some, a good entry level harp. Others do not feel that way.

I started with a Paki, it served it’s function for me and now I am happily plinking on a Clarsach and my grandchildren are starting with the Paki.

I know my Paki is not a concert grand. I also know I was sucessfully able to regulate and srting it such that the sound was acceptable.

As my true preference turned out to be wire, I am quite happy I never invested more in a conventional strung folk harp then what i paid for the used Paki. Had my leaning been more to conventional, I might have regretted it… but after watching my grandkids sit in front of me as we match notes up and down the scale, I am glad they are not “Boinging the strings” on a more expensive instrument.

unknown-user
    Participant

LOL
    Hi Liam!

Sorry to touch on what appears to have been quite a sore spot for this forum. Yikes!
    Although I’m a vocal musician primarily…I’m exactly one week old to the harper community.

unknown-user
    Participant

Heartland Harps, who are located in Zirconia, NC, might be very close to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.