harpcolumn

Buzzing noise from the levers

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Buzzing noise from the levers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I bought a new harp (34 string lever harp)

Tacye
    Participant

It only bothers you so you can take your time to solve the problem- depending on how much it is irritating you.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Also, as a first step, take the harp into another room. Often the buzz may be a sympathetic vibration coming from something else in the room. Rule that out first. If the harp still buzzes in another room, then the problem is something with the harp itself.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Thank you for the replies.
    I’ll try playing it in the bedroom tomorrow to see if it still buzzes, then.
    And I’ll try to find out which levers are buzzing, too.

Karen Johns
    Participant

I had this problem when I was installing my levers. Here is what I suggest: If the levers are tight to the neck and the buzzing occurs when they are engaged on the string, then try to screw in the bridge pins, a little at a time. Pluck the string after each tightening and see if it still buzzes. The string may not be snug within the lever when it is engaged and that may be the reason for the buzzing. A way to test this is to put a finger against the string between the engaged lever and the bridge pin. If this stops the buzzing, then that is your problem.

Good Luck!

Karen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.