Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantOr, if you aren’t already, ask to be put on a riser with the wind.
September 29, 2010 at 5:22 pm in reply to: Any ideas for science fair project using the harp? #83297Tacye
ParticipantIf looking into Kay’s suggestion Chladni plates is the name of the original demonstration, fun things.
Tacye
ParticipantGet one of the nearby musicians to page turn for you.
Tacye
ParticipantIf buying from outside the EU do be aware that VAT should get added on top of the cost, and maybe import tax too.
Tacye
ParticipantI am sure I am not alone in thinking that by the time you feel like making the transition you will have your own opinions and be best off trying several harps and seeing which wants to come home with you.
Tacye
ParticipantThere is a used Stoney End just gone on Ebay in the UK; I know nothing beyond the advert and have no connection with the seller, but in your position I would be watching the auction very seriously.
Tacye
ParticipantI have seen children that age and younger enjoying: pan flute, melodica, harmonica as well as glockenspiel and hand hit drums (which are more civilised for the parent than drums with sticks).
Tacye
ParticipantI have a vague recollection of another story- I think about Sidonie
Goossens telling Vaughn-Williams a part wasn’t playable or maybe effective.Tacye
ParticipantTacye
ParticipantPersonally I prefer the sound of old guts to new nylons.
Tacye
ParticipantMost of the professions that come to mind as having minimum standards are those which have great potential to ruin lives: doctors and school
teachers for instance.Tacye
ParticipantHow far do you have have to change how you play before it becomes a different technique?
Tacye
ParticipantHow far do you have have to change how you play before it becomes a different technique?
Tacye
ParticipantHow far do you have have to change how you play before it becomes a different technique?
-
AuthorPosts