Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How to paint on harp? #70068
    Tacye
    Participant

    The Salvis I know have polyurethane varnish which has the advantage of being resistant to all sorts of solvents.

    in reply to: how do I examine a used harp for sale ? #70417
    Tacye
    Participant

    One useful tip from my first harp teacher- play every string in flat, natural and sharp.

    in reply to: Info please #70389
    Tacye
    Participant

    What you should do depends on whether you want it as a playable instrument or not.

    in reply to: Any thoughts about doing slides well? #104713
    Tacye
    Participant

    You can already play the second note of the slide, it is just a normal note after all.

    in reply to: Any thoughts about doing slides well? #104711
    Tacye
    Participant

    I find it can help to think of pushing from the thumb tip (or finger tip) rather than pulling from the base of the thumb (or finger).

    in reply to: HARP and stairs #146693
    Tacye
    Participant

    I lived for a couple of years up a flight of stairs – managed fine with the 3 wheel trolley – several of my friends have lived higher.

    in reply to: Humidifiers #103549
    Tacye
    Participant

    It depends on the harp, where it was built and the seasoning of the wood.

    in reply to: Moving Stuck Bridge Pins #70681
    Tacye
    Participant

    Glad to hear it worked.

    in reply to: Pedal Harp String Tension: TIGHT! #156728
    Tacye
    Participant

    PS You are sitting on the very front of your stool?

    in reply to: Pedal Harp String Tension: TIGHT! #156727
    Tacye
    Participant

    Have you worked on your posture with your teacher and your own harp/stool?

    in reply to: Moving Stuck Bridge Pins #70678
    Tacye
    Participant

    If you are using vice grips you will want a bit of leather between the pliers and the pins to avoid marking the pins.

    in reply to: Help with harp age/serial numbers…. #146928
    Tacye
    Participant

    Mine has a serial number a few hundred earlier and I bought it in spring/summer of 1997.

    in reply to: leg cramp? #104891
    Tacye
    Participant

    I don’t like many ‘proper harp benches’ they don’t have enough padding and when I sit high enough the sharp edge cuts across the thigh and cuts off circulation.

    in reply to: Harp learning with Straight versus Extended soundboard #146969
    Tacye
    Participant

    In favour of getting the Clio is the fact that in a couple of years your daughter will have developed that much more as a musician and may make a different choice about which harp suits her.

    in reply to: opinion on new arrangement #104917
    Tacye
    Participant

    I rather think that the publisher is one where you can see the first pages of their editions on line, either on Adlais or through Creighton’s Collection.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 1,469 total)