harpcolumn

Help with harp age/serial numbers….

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Help with harp age/serial numbers….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Does anyone out there have a Lyon Healy harp with a serial number near 12900? I am looking at purchasing a Lyon Healy concert grand today that has the above serial, but since Lyon and Healy is closed all weekend, I can’t ask them to look up the age. I think it’s late 90’s early 2000’s, but I am hoping that I could find out something more specific. Thanks very much!

Tacye
    Participant

Mine has a serial number a few hundred earlier and I bought it in spring/summer of 1997.

unknown-user
    Participant

My L&H has a low 13000s serial number and was built in 2001.

~Sam

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

My 23 is numbered 12072. It was made in 1994.

Sid

eliza-morrison
    Participant

My 17 is #13319, and was bought new in 1999.

unknown-user
    Participant

Eliza,
    Are you sure? My serial number is lower than yours but was made later… maybe I’m wrong (I bought used) but the owner was very sure.
    ~Sam

eliza-morrison
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    I am sure about the serial number and date of purchase, but I was also not the original owner, so perhaps the harp was older than brand-new when purchased.

E Moody

Thanks so much, everyone!

I went ahead and bought it….so I’ll just have to wait until Lyon and Healy opens on Monday to find out its exact age. The previous owner thought she bought it new in 2000, but we’ll see.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.