Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bronze Touch up for L&H harp #70348
    Tacye
    Participant

    The problem to be aware of is that bronze and indeed gold come in so many different shades that getting an exact match is likely to depend on how much effort you are willing to put in – I own at lest three lots of bronze powder, which are subtly different shades.

    in reply to: Strings angle on pedal harps #68493
    Tacye
    Participant

    Carl, Maybe many harp makers haven’t been good enough scientists and
    engineers to calculate things properly – to me that seems a rather bad
    reason to discount the science which can, I assure you, be done better.

    in reply to: Strings angle on pedal harps #68489
    Tacye
    Participant

    Speaking as a physicist I, as so often, agree with Bernhard.

    in reply to: Old Harp #70374
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would repair the cracks and see if the harp seemed to be in playable order with the existing strings before jumping in to replace them.

    in reply to: Old Harp #70372
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would have a lot of hope for that harp.

    in reply to: Chicago Petite 40 – Natural, Ebony, or Mahogany? #70402
    Tacye
    Participant

    I don’t know how hard you ding your harp, but the dents on mine remain the colour of the unstained wood and just need clear lacquer touch up to make them invisible.

    Why would anyone want an un-natural harp anyway?

    in reply to: Chicago Petite 40 – Natural, Ebony, or Mahogany? #70398
    Tacye
    Participant

    Interesting- I would have said natural had the advantage as the dings don’t show as much.

    The natural does darken with time from white blonde towards a more honey colour.

    in reply to: Please help me think clearly… #156424
    Tacye
    Participant

    One more thing to think about – both the harps you have mentioned are relatively unusual varieties.

    in reply to: Old Harp #70367
    Tacye
    Participant

    There are lots of different Latin American harp models- Paraguayan is
    generally the best known, but there are many others which don’t have the
    split neck.

    in reply to: Harp ‘handle’? #70443
    Tacye
    Participant

    Thanks, Carl.

    in reply to: New or Used Harp? #70455
    Tacye
    Participant

    You might want to consider the Edinburgh Harp Festival – most of the UK harp brands in one place for comparison.

    The main pro for 2nd hand harps is more harp for your money.

    in reply to: harp therapy programs #156433
    Tacye
    Participant

    I suggest that you look at what qualifications are required for music therapists in your country.

    in reply to: Smallest harp with 2 octaves below middle C? #70473
    Tacye
    Participant

    Pilgrim’s harps come in at 18 lb and 43″ (+ optional screw in legs).

    in reply to: Need input about audition materials #104545
    Tacye
    Participant

    From what I know of auditions most would prefer you to play something really beautifully and musically rather than anything where technical struggles are apparent.

    in reply to: triple row harps and classical music #104603
    Tacye
    Participant

    Not well – the pieces were crafted to introduce the pedal harp and many of the special effects they introduce are not possible on a triple harp such as enharmonics or chordal glissandi and I imagine harmonics on the inner row would be a nightmare…

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,469 total)