column

New or Used Harp?

Home Forums Harps and Accessories New or Used Harp?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello to everyone,

Looking for advice.

Sylvia
    Participant

No one has answered, so maybe my answer will be better than none?

Hi Sylvia

Many thanks for replying, your advice is very helpful to say the least.

andy-b
    Participant

I would encourage you to

Hi Andy

Many thanks for the reply – I am leaning towards the Camac Harps, for as you said, Camac is based in France and issue of having a harp regulated and – hopefully not – the possibility of repairs in the middle of rural France!

The models that I will likely consider are the Athena (extended), the Vendome (can’t find any opinions/experiences about this harp) and the Atlantide Prestige – if I can afford and justify the cost at the time!

It might be a trip to Wales to try them out or a trip to Camac in Paris – I live in Bournemouth, so the ferries are fairly convenient for trips to France 🙂

Many Thanks again

Gregor

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I know that Camac in France has a pre-owned set-up, so you’d want to give that a look.

I am a former woodwind player, and I always preferred new, but in strings, I really prefer pre-used.

I bought a wonderful little pre-used harp from Lyon and Healy that has been the perfect instrument since I got it, so if I were looking again, I’d be looking at pre-used first.

Tacye
    Participant

You might want to consider the Edinburgh Harp Festival – most of the UK harp brands in one place for comparison.

The main pro for 2nd hand harps is more harp for your money.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.