Sylvia

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 824 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112962
    Sylvia
    Participant

    Christie, I got the H1. I can hear me turn it on and off. I don’t hear that on your clips. I haven’t found anything on the web on how to avoid that sound.

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112958
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I thought they all sounded nice…even the dog. Thanks!

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112953
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I guess we lost Christie.
    I talked to a guy at the Guitar Center and told him I needed to record harp. He said he has a friend who plays mariachi harp (they aren’t as big as concert harps, but they put out quite a bit of sound). I asked him what he’d use if he recorded his friend playing. He said the Tascam DR-40. So, on Monday, I’m off to go get one…they are about $200. Anyone familiar with them?

    in reply to: First tuning a new harp #77292
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I wondered about that…wonder what a tech would say.
    2 cents here:
    I was always told to tune in flats because tuning in naturals wears out the strings faster. The tune in natural thing was supposed to be when the harp isn’t too well regulated, so you kind of hit it in the middle and hope everything will be in tune.
    I think the first regulation is supposed to be in a year. If it’s new, it should be regulated coming from the factory, no?

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112952
    Sylvia
    Participant

    Also Christie, do you use an external mic or the one inside the Zoom?

    in reply to: Nail polish #102966
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I don’t like tattoos. ….but I once played a wedding where all the girls in the bridal party had tats. They were distracting to the harpist. I was trying to figure out what they were. They seemed to run botanical. 🙂

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112951
    Sylvia
    Participant

    Christie, does the Zoom H1 give you any hiss sound when you record?
    Could you post a sound sample here, please? Thank you.

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112949
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I found the Tasman DR-05 listed at Guitar center for $99. Has anyone used one?

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112947
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I found the Tascam one online and was just wondering about it. So it actually works to record live music, and then you can load it into your computer?

    in reply to: portable digital music recorders #112945
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I want to get some sound clips….like those used on a web site.

    in reply to: free websites #112903
    Sylvia
    Participant

    Do you Have to upgrade, or can you coast forever? I looked at it, and it seemed easy.

    in reply to: STOLEN! #112939
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I got burglar bars a few years ago. A GIRL broke in while I was home. Her boyfriend was waiting in the car (small car, so I know they didn’t want harps). I yelled at her, and she went away. Got the tag #, but the cops never caught them. I love the bars because no one can even get in…unless they know how to pick locks, and burglars are lazy…if they wanted to work, they wouldn’t be burglars.

    in reply to: STOLEN! #112935
    Sylvia
    Participant

    How? I mean, out of her car, her house?

    in reply to: free websites #112901
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I thought you were the ones with Weebly. Have you had the Yola quite a while? I just wonder if advertisers spam them or anything.

    in reply to: How do you advertise to get weddings, etc.? #62651
    Sylvia
    Participant

    I was just wondering what others do in different places. That was interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 824 total)