Sid Humphreys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 362 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: ? re: mic #69772

    Kay,

    in reply to: Harp rental in Las Vegas #155997

    I rented a pedal harp 15 years ago when I was in Vegas; my recital was two days after I returned. I don’t remember who I used but do remember that I found a list of teachers in Vegas

    in reply to: Curious Harpmobile question #155809

    Yes, the bed of a pick up truck would be too bouncy for a harp. You should also check with your harp’s insurance company as they may not cover damage to your harp from the truck’s bed!

    in reply to: Strings for Harp #165777

    Bow Brand. I use gut all the way up (of course wires on the bottom).

    in reply to: Having a tough time with a particular pattern #156108

    Yes Carl,

    in reply to: May/June Harp Column arrival? #103653

    Just got mine this afternoon, May 15th.

    Sid

    in reply to: Plans For Our Harps #102195

    This is something that has been on my mind as lately I have been updating my will. I’m sure (haven’t asked yet) that lots of people in

    in reply to: difficult part in contemporary piece by Philip Lasser #146180

    I had this problem with “This Christmastide.” I just looked at all the arpegios and wrote them out as chords and played the chords slowly. The conductor wasn’t thrilled with that but when the piano player refused to play my part, the conductor was grateful I was even there!

    Alot of composers write these

    in reply to: How would you respond? #156012

    Susan,

    It happens to ALL of us at some point, even with pedal harps! I had a passer by comment to me that her “cousin play the harp as well… but it’s a much bigger one.”

    My harp is a Style 23 concert grand! *sigh* Bless her heart!

    David,

    Please tell me the piece wasn’t “Arise”.

    in reply to: All-purpose pedal harp #156190

    Begging your pardon Daniele, all harps are portable. I move my concert grand almost on a daily basis. the fact that I am male doesn’t make a difference. My first teacher, Cindy Horstman (as well as all my teachers after her) is a petite woman and she moves her harp by herself as well!

    in reply to: chromatic tuner’s help please #70015

    Then only problem with that ap is that it doesn’t work well with other noise in the room. I ordered the Perterson pick up with the iphone adapter so I could get a better reading. Still didn’t work.

    in reply to: Best way to re-string an Entire Harp? #70028

    Here’s what I do: I restring an octave at a time each day until I’m done. Start by removing the top octaves plus the top F and G. Then working from the top down, start replacing (put the date on the bag’s

    in reply to: Squeaky Strings #156250

    I agree with Catherine. It’s the lack of moisture/oils in your hands. This is apparent to me when I’ve been cleaning the house with scouring powders, window cleaners, dish soap,

    in reply to: Help! #146393

    Clean the area well with alcohol, it will sting. Then Super Glue it! You may need to file it a bit to get it smooth. It will affect your tone but it will heal in a hurry.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 362 total)