Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantMy feeling is that John Doe is an employee of a harp company, or perhaps a relative who hears the gossip, or a technician. Not too many other people hear or care about the details of what is made where and odd harp stories.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantTo echo Tony, my teachers felt he was such a genius, so far above and beyond their considerable talents and comprehension, that that
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantWell, I apologize, but as someone who has always had to struggle and known many others who could not afford harps or what they needed, I found it all very irritating and somewhat political in undertone.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantASCAP and BMI used to have printed catalogs that gave instrumentations, and with patience you can read through it and mark all the harp parts there. You might be able to find a catalog somewhere, I got the last one ASCAP had years ago.
I hadn’t thought of compiling a list from it, it would take quite some time, and only go up to the year 1975 or so, and does not include a lot of public domain music.
March 7, 2009 at 12:20 am in reply to: looking for a harp teacher and/or other adult harpist in eastern PA #161172Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI’m in Philadelphia, that’s about 45 minutes away, I think.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantDo you think that those people knew him? I don’t. He was so far beyond the abilities of any of us, that even if he were, he was entitled, not that he was. No, that is just jealousy or meanness trying to diminish someone great.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantYes I would like to get the Houdy, haven’t gotten around to it yet, and there is so much Damase to acquire I hadn’t gotten to that yet, either.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI believe the Universal Method also has diagrams, albeit of an older harp. Bochsa, that is.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI’m not sure about that, judging from everyone I’ve met who knew him.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantIt could if one is willing to set up accounts with Paypal. I don’t care for them too much, but it would do, I suppose.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantJust so you know, to describe yourself as poor means either without money, or not any good at all. If you want to appear humble, it is too extreme of a word. We would say struggling, or hard-working, or improving.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantAnd just when and how often did
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantWhy not, only the hatchets get much bigger.
I know I didn’t invent the idea of distance learning altogether.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI bought a Zoom too, and I am having nothing but trouble with it.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI always felt the social dynamics were just the opposite: conservative vs. progressive, Catholicism vs. Judaism, Old World vs. New World, etc.
-
AuthorPosts