renate-kvalsvik

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp blogs or websites #108775
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Thank you! It sound very interesting. I’ll check it out 🙂

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109027
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    I finally got my issue yesterday 🙂 Turns out it got lost in the mail. I did check the mailing label, just in case, and it doesn expire until December, as I thought.
    I glad that’s all sorted out!

    in reply to: Harp blogs or websites #108772
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Thank you so much!

    in reply to: Harp blogs or websites #108770
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Oh, that’s strange. Hm, I’ll try to post it again:
    harpe.blogg.no

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109025
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Mine still hasn’t gotten here. Do you guys think my subscription has run out already? In December I paid for a year’s subscription, 6 issues, but I’ve only received 4… I live in Norway, so that might explain any delay, but it’s never been late before.

    in reply to: Harp Column issue arrival #109007
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    I haven’t got mine either. I got a letter saying that I should renew my subscription, but last December I paid for 12 months (6 issues) so it’s can’t have expired yet. I don’t know what’s going on.

    in reply to: Practice hour #160212
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    I try my best to practice one hour each day. I have studies which require a lot of hours of work every day, I’ve got my job and my writing, too, so maybe once a week or so I don’t have the time to or just feel too tired to practise. Like today, I don’t feel musical at all 🙁

    in reply to: New harp pictures #109223
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Oops, sorry. I need to learn to read entire topics before posting :p
    I’ll save everything I can until I can afford it! My birthday’s coming up soon so I hope family and friends will help me along the way.

    in reply to: New harp pictures #109221
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Oh, I’m so envious! That’s exactly the harp model I’ve been wanting for a while. Congratulations! Tell me, what’s the sound like? Warm and resonant, full of volume, or more bright and bell-like?

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109305
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Congratulations! I’m soooo happy for you 😀 I can’t wait until it’s my turn.

    in reply to: A little help… #160396
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    No problem 🙂 Yes, the decorations are beautiful! I hope you’ll enjoy learning to play.

    in reply to: A little help… #160394
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    The Hempson 34 is a very good harp to begin with. I have one (also mahogany, but with decorations on the soundboard) and I love mine.
    One thing though, that if you decide to buy it later on, I would replace the strings in the 3rd and 4th octaves with Bow Brand gut instead of nylon and tape wound, and Bow Brand professional bass wire for the 5th and 6th. I did so just recently, and the sound quality has improved drastically. It has a much fuller, more resonant voice now. Just a suggestion.
    I hope you enjoy learning the harp!

    in reply to: Changing the strings #159734
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    …I’m finally finished! Been on it for 13 solid hours, but now my harp has been completely restrung and tuned several times. So far so good, no broken strings (knock on wood) and my harp’s voice has changed drastically! I’ve never heard it sound so resonant and warm! It’s amazing what a difference gut vs nylon can make. I used to be so dissatisfied with the sound of my harp and wanted a new lever harp, but now I’m very happy with my Elysia (that’s her name) and I hope will be happy for her for years until I can save up to buy a pedal harp (not that I’m giving up lever harp, but I want to be able to master both).
    I just wanted to say thanks again for all the help 🙂

    in reply to: Changing the strings #159733
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Thanks again! I’ll do it all in one day, then (yay! Can’t wait!). I’ve never done it before, so I think I’ll do them one at a time. I’m so excited to hear if the sound wil be very different than it used to be, though I realise that it will take some time for the new strings to settle.

    in reply to: Changing the strings #159728
    renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

    Thank you so much for your help, everyone. I think I’ll change the strings tomorrow, ’cause then I’ll have the whole day to do it. I’m actually a bit nervous, since I’m going from nylon to gut on the 3rd and 4th octaves on recommendation from Bow Brand (we checked with the harpmaker, and they said the harp would be able to withstand it). Should I take more care with these octaves because of this, maybe wait a day or so between changing each of the strings?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 101 total)